LegacyGT.com

Dashboard clock/trip computer delete

- is this possible?

In SG Foresters I remember that removing the clock caused some problems with the car running.

Reason I ask is that I plan to put my multigauge display in the factory clock location and it involves keeping the clock housing but gutting the innards so I can place the multigauge OLED display in there.

EDIT - tried it and it looks like it's no problem to run the car with the clock/trip computer unplugged

Yes I could do that, I actually ordered a used clock assembly to hack up for this and can leave the original clock plugged in and hidden somewhere.

I was wondering if I could get away with just leaving it unplugged though. Less work and chance for something rattling in the dash.

I may extend the wiring and place it in the glove box or under the radio if I get bored.

ZPJSA6x.jpg

Well, wired it up today, just need the extra clock I ordered to get it mounted up. Will see if I can get away with leaving clock unplugged, there's not much space and will probably need to extend the harness if I want to keep the clock plugged in but hidden.

I'm happy with the OLED screen, looks like a close match to the stock display!

Archived