LegacyGT.com

Side mirror angle adjustment to be farther outward

Does anyone know if the range of movement of the side mirror can be adjusted?

The way I sit in the car, even when I have the driver's side mirror adjusted to be all the way pointed outward (all the way left using the control), I have a small blind spot; especially in heavy traffic where people like to sit in your blind spot.

The BSM does help, but I like to have the passing car's front bumper next to me as soon as it disappears from the side mirror.

Thought I'd just move the whole housing out a bit and stick something in between, but it raises up a little and creates a gap when you push it front.

Obviously the easiest fix is to sit forward; but I was wondering if the gears/ wheel behind the mirror can be adjusted.

Appreciate the help.

Does anyone know if the range of movement of the side mirror can be adjusted?

The way I sit in the car, even when I have the driver's side mirror adjusted to be all pointed outward (all the way left using the control), I have a small blind spot; especially in heavy traffic where people like to sit in your blind spot.

The BSM does help, but I like to have the passing car's front bumper next to me as soon as it disappears from the side mirror.

Thought I'd just move the whole housing out a bit and stick something in between, but it raises up a little and creates a gap when you push it front.

Obviously the easiest fix is to sit forward; but I was wondering if the gears/ wheel behind the mirror can be adjusted.

Appreciate the help.

I share your pain. I must have tried adjusting it 3 or 4 times before I gave up. If that's as designed, it's a bad design.

I share your pain. I must have tried adjusting it 3 or 4 times before I gave up. If that's as designed, it's a bad design.

Same here. Old car was adjusted so no true blind spots and I cant quite get the new Legacy to match that as OP wrote.

Same here. Old car was adjusted so no true blind spots and I cant quite get the new Legacy to match that as OP wrote.

Glad to know its not just me :)

These things have a ton of electronics built into them. Being upwards of $400, am a bit skeptical to just start pushing and pulling on things. I love the auto-dimming and heated features. It would suck to loose one of them because I yanked on something the wrong way. Going to have to play around with it once it gets warmer out and may be see if I can get a used or broken one for cheap.

Why not spring for a $1.99 stick on convex mini mirror?

I hate those things as much as I hate... well, the worst thing you can imagine. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just not what I was looking for.

I've actually not considered cars that came with such cut out convex pieces from the factory when I was in the market.

Archived