LegacyGT.com

Does my log look safe?

I bought a used Cobb v2 accessport recently, and have been running the OTS stage 1 map(93 oct). The car feels pretty good, but since I'm a total newb when it comes to logs I wanted a fresh pair of eyes. Nothing really seems out of line to me, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for any input, and if this should be posted in another section Mods feel free to move.

3rd gear log and 4th gear log

datalog5.csv

datalog6.csv

The little that I know about the data and the logs is to keep a close eye on your DAM and your fine knock learn. The DAM should be a steady 1 this shows the ecm is happy with the timing and not trying to pull it because of knock (hope I have that right). And the fine knock is just that fine knock readings from the sensor, I usually get some readings here when I hit the rev limiter or use engine braking. Otherwise 0 is good to see here.

If you go into accessport tuner it has tutorials which explain what all the parameters are measuring and what you should be seeing. It is very helpful.

Yes I've only ever used 93 octane since I bought her. I'm probably going to change out the A/F sensor in the near future. I already replaced the downstream O2 sensor because of a cel I was getting (P0420) . It's possible it's due for a change

Thanks for the observations btw. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Yes I've only ever used 93 octane since I bought her. I'm probably going to change out the A/F sensor in the near future. I already replaced the downstream O2 sensor because of a cel I was getting (P0420) . It's possible it's due for a change

Thanks for the observations btw. That's exactly what I was looking for.

If you are running an ots tune, those readings could be the result of that, and not the 02 sensor, you should PM one of the tuners on the forum they are always willing to take a peek at data logs and they have a lot more experience with AFR trends and causes than most of us.

One thing that I've noticed, at least with my setup, is that the factory O2 sensor has tended to read higher than my wideband at lower AFRs (<12). I know there is a great deal of debate on the ability of our factory O2 sensor to be used safely in place of a wideband and I don't have firsthand knowledge to argue either side, but I can say that I see disagreement between the factory reading and the wideband when things start getting rich.

If you are running an ots tune, those readings could be the result of that, and not the 02 sensor, you should PM one of the tuners on the forum they are always willing to take a peek at data logs and they have a lot more experience with AFR trends and causes than most of us.

I thought about asking but I didn't want to impose on anyone's time.

One thing that I've noticed, at least with my setup, is that the factory O2 sensor has tended to read higher than my wideband at lower AFRs (<12). I know there is a great deal of debate on the ability of our factory O2 sensor to be used safely in place of a wideband and I don't have firsthand knowledge to argue either side, but I can say that I see disagreement between the factory reading and the wideband when things start getting rich.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived