LegacyGT.com

Interior Button illumination not working.. HELP!

Hey guys.

The interior button illumination doesn't activate when the headlights are switched on, nor do the gauges, nav screen, and stereo display dim as they should.

2008 Outback H6 LL Bean with nav

Battery and charging system are good. All buttons still function normally and some/map lights work.

Visually inspected some fuses but nothing found so far. Waiting on a multimeter to start more thorough diag.

Anyone have any suggestions? Relays maybe?

Any wiring diagrams/schematics would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

TJ

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Check the ILM fuse in the cabin fuse box properly. One popped up on a local forum with similar symptoms and turned out to be just that. Does the headlight bulb on the dash still light up?

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 1 month later...
Check the ILM fuse in the cabin fuse box properly. One popped up on a local forum with similar symptoms and turned out to be just that. Does the headlight bulb on the dash still light up?
Was the first thing I checked.

The problem has progressed:

Radio and nav screen no longer turn on - checked fuses, no change.

Interior map/dome lights no longer function.

Possibly unrelated, but after having an OEM remote start fob programmed at the dealer, my main key fobs no longer work, and even from the driver door lock button, my alarm no longer activates when all doors locked.

The wife is not happy about no radio lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ya know, with how common it is with these cars, have you tried tightening down the battery terminals? Can't tell you how many times I've had problems like yours only to find that I'm an idiot and haven't tightened the + terminal down all the way.

The factory also didn't tighten the + terminal down all the way on many of these cars, so it's perpetually a problem.

Checked the grounds?