LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport

Blew a head gasket, and wanting to change back to oem ecu. Can I just go into the accessport and flash the oem setting back onto the car?

Just want to be safe until I can get it to TurninConcepts.

Doesn’t seem like the boost was the issue, according to Wagner Subaru (18psi max) isn’t crazy. However still blew head gasket in a car with 60k miles on it?

Thanks again all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can flash to a stage zero tune if you want to keep the AP tied to the ECU, or just uninstall it to return the car to the factory settings, then just reinstall it when the issue is resolved. My only concern would be if you had it at a dealer and they tried to flash the ECU with whatever software updates are available from Subaru and that somehow messed up your AP so it wouldn't work without getting it reset by Cobb, so I'd want to unmarry/uninstall it rather than flashing a stage 0 tune - however, if you make the shop doing the work aware, you should be fine.

You can flash to a stage zero tune if you want to keep the AP tied to the ECU, or just uninstall it to return the car to the factory settings, then just reinstall it when the issue is resolved. My only concern would be if you had it at a dealer and they tried to flash the ECU with whatever software updates are available from Subaru and that somehow messed up your AP so it wouldn't work without getting it reset by Cobb, so I'd want to unmarry/uninstall it rather than flashing a stage 0 tune - however, if you make the shop doing the work aware, you should be fine.

Thanks. It’s been throwing some big numbers in the fine knock category. So I want to go back to factory until I get it squared away.

Wasn’t sure if I could do this with success?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk