LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Offsets, Sizes for Rims and Tires on the GT! Xenonk Version! - Vol 2

SBT

Would an 18x8 +45 work? A lot of the wheels I'm looking at are that size. No +48 mm, at least for the ones I like. The chart on the first page says they will fit, but I'd like to hear from people's experience. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Picking up some 17x8 +48 ultraleggera sometime this week. Was planning on going with 235/45/17 DWS06's but now I'm starting to second guess the fitment. Still running stock suspension but may go with konis + new springs in the next few months, not sure how they compare for clearance with the stocks. Thinking a safer bet would be the 225/45/17.

I have that exact setup on my wagon (17x8 +48 OZ wheels with 235/45/17), significantly lowered from stock. I'll get some very very minor rub in the rear, but not enough to worry me. Great setup in my opinion.

That's a really meaty 235/45/17 too, as some 235s are actually wider than others.

1787506881_Screenshot_20210625-1221512.thumb.png.08312fcc9b32002a7584af0f7f62d2ff.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

225/45 compared to 235/45:

Speedo error

0%- -1.4%

Reading at 30mph

30mph- 29.58mph

Reading at 60mph

60mph- 59.16mph

Ride height gain

0mm- 4.5mm

Arch gap loss

0mm- 4.5mm

wheelimage.php?tyrediameter=634.3&tyrewidth=225&tyrecirc=1992.712217895&wheelwidth=203.2&wheeldia=431.8&offset=48&poke=53.6&inset=149.6&aspect=45&tyrediameter2=643.3&tyrewidth2=235&tyrecirc2=2020.986551745&wheel_width=203.2&wheeldia2=431.8&offset2=48&poke2=53.6&inset2=149.6&aspect2=45

Edited by BoozeRS05

• 5 months later...

Ordered some 18x8 +35 wheels. Hoping to mount 235/40/18s on them.

Suspension is stock shocks with H&R springs. I don't mind a little bit of poke, just don't want any rubbing. What should I prepare for?

I've looked at every fitment photo I can find of similar setups, and it's insane the differences in looks and mods. How does that make any sense?? Some fit this size and apparently only roll the fenders. Others say you'll need to roll+pull+mega camber...

What the f am I missing in understanding this?

Suspension is stock shocks with H&R springs. I don't mind a little bit of poke, just don't want any rubbing. What should I prepare for?

I've looked at every fitment photo I can find of similar setups, and it's insane the differences in looks and mods. How does that make any sense?? Some fit this size and apparently only roll the fenders. Others say you'll need to roll+pull+mega camber...

I have this exact same wheel/tire combo. I'm on BC coilovers though, so I have adjustability there. Can't speak for spring/strut combos, but I have zero rubbing or issues with clearance. I chose this wheel/tire set up for minimum maintenance, and maximum function/aesthetic.

Let us know if you end up with 235/40s, and what your experiences are.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I have this exact same wheel/tire combo. I'm on BC coilovers though, so I have adjustability there. Can't speak for spring/strut combos, but I have zero rubbing or issues with clearance. I chose this wheel/tire set up for minimum maintenance, and maximum function/aesthetic.

Let us know if you end up with 235/40s, and what your experiences are.

Mine is a sedan. Any idea on fitment differences?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:06 PM, Timothy Diokno said:

Sorry new to the forums but I got a set of 18x8 +45 wheels and was wondering if 235/40 would fit on a 2005 jdm spec b with stock bilsteins without any modifications or if I should just go with 225/40

235/40 should be fine without modifications 

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 6:58 PM, farascioni said:

anyone got any recs for all seasons? im in CT so i kind of need to be able to do both and swapping is expensive.

all seasons all suck. :) 

if you need snow tires, then get them. Because when you really need them, the all season tires aren't going to be much help. you can drive snow tires in the summer but driving summers in the snow is tough

On 12/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Artizan said:

tire dimensions is what you are missing.

every tire model has different dimensions, which changes how much poke you get. 235 is an odd size that's made to be mounted on a 9" wheel.

I ran 235/40 on a 7" rim. it worked but handling was a bit sloppy though it had a stiff sidewall to counteract.

if you really want to know how it's going to look/fit, you can get a tire tester from amazon or other places. it lets you test tire fit without mounting tires. or you can use your existing rims and add spacers behind the mounting plate to move the tim out.

the "will they fit" sites are very helpful for giving a math solution. you can compare your existing setup to your desired setup. then use  your tape measure to see what it looks like on your car.

if you can make friends with a tire shop , you can go in for a test day. that's how i ended up with 275/30/18 on 9.5/18/35 rims. $5000 down the drain. it fit but it didn't roll without tearing up bodywork 

• 6 months later...

Getting "analysis paralysis" here, going back and forth.  I have some Enkei Triumph, 18x8.5 45 offset.  2008 Spec.B, stock suspension and ride height.  Everything I've read so far says I'll be ok with a 225/40R18 tire and won't need to roll or pull (please correct me if I'm wrong).  I want to see what it looks like, but have been unable to find any pics.  Does anyone have pics of this size setup?  Now that I've gotten everything in order, I'm worried it will poke too much and I'm freaking out, haha.  I'm ready to order tires and get things rolling (ha), but my nature to second guess myself seems to be winning...

I'll keep looking around and share if I find anything.

13 minutes ago, SilentJ20 said:

Getting "analysis paralysis" here, going back and forth.  I have some Enkei Triumph, 18x8.5 45 offset.  2008 Spec.B, stock suspension and ride height.  Everything I've read so far says I'll be ok with a 225/40R18 tire and won't need to roll or pull (please correct me if I'm wrong).  I want to see what it looks like, but have been unable to find any pics.  Does anyone have pics of this size setup?  Now that I've gotten everything in order, I'm worried it will poke too much and I'm freaking out, haha.  I'm ready to order tires and get things rolling (ha), but my nature to second guess myself seems to be winning...

I'll keep looking around and share if I find anything.

I think I found a couple that help quell my fears.  Never thought to look on Fitment Industries.  It's a wagon, but it's the same front end and gives me a good visual.  This is with 235/40 tires.Leg2.png.aea5eaaa427eb4fc3b601afc785cb494.png

From HERE

I think you’ll be very happy with that wheel and tire combo. I ran something similar on my lowered wagon awhile ago, 18x8.5 +48 with a 235/40/18 I believe, without any modifications to the fenders and no rubbing. Pretty sure SBT runs the same wheel specs without issue too

• Like 1

Ok, I did some test fitting of the wheels to make sure things look good for my tire appt.  But, I have a huge issue, it seems.  Per the above, the wheels should sit just about perfectly flush with the fender.  Here's what I had after lifting the LCA with a jack to get them up as far as possible:PXL_20231208_175827358.thumb.jpg.f2929d008238bffb0d6a3b5fbc5fd2a4.jpgPXL_20231208_175853332.thumb.jpg.2314d594b6e7038998780534eef531c3.jpg

They sit like 3/4 of an inch PAST the top of the fender.  So, I did some measuring with the OEM wheels back on.

From the face of the wheel to the top of the fender well:  Front = 0.5in inset, Rear = 1in inset.  Is that normal for a spec.B?