LegacyGT.com

Roof rack questions

I have a 06 legacy, wondering about the size bike rack I’ve been looking it up and

even measured I’m just confused or dumb, what width should I get and I don’t have the money for a new Thule or Yakima any cheaper ones that are good and quiet? Should I get a wind screen for it? I’m super concerned about the exactly width of what I need to get also.

I think the fairing is a good idea for sure, both functionally and aesthetically. I wouldn't cheap out on an off brand though, and just try to find a used one if you don't want to pay for new. I'm sure you can find one somewhere used.

Can't comment on sedan sizing, but love the Thule rack on my wagon for both the reasons above.

What I would do is use the thule or Yakima fit finders in their website. They will tell you what foot packs, clamps, bar widths, etc. You can also find the suggested fairing width.

Then get them used. Even when I worked at the bike shop, used was a better deal than the 55% off new I would get (something like that). I've bought do many used racks over the years. Thule and Yakima both offer replacement keys and any locksmith can pick the locks if they are locked with no key.

Used is the way to go and the fairing makes a big difference in noise. Especially on round and square bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your over thinking this.

You get the mount kit for your car. the cross bars are bought separately and come in a few different lengths.

I have 48" bars for the ski box and two bike racks. I bought the bars for the 98' GT wagon, had them on the 00' GT nd the 05.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here