LegacyGT.com

07 spec b, tire rubbing on inside wheel well

I’ve been trying to go for a “stanced” look with my specb. Wheels fit great. 18x9.5+38, rev9 coilovers (8k), Fenders rolled and pulled, no fender liner. But if I hit a bump the inside of my tire gets chewed up by the wheel well. I have it raised up at the moment so I don’t put a hole in my tires. Let me know how you solved this problem whether that be, stiffer springs, cutting the wheel well, etc. Thanks.

Get as many parts to allow for adjustment of camber as possible and camber it until it fits, but don't say we didn't warn ya about going that low. How much negative camber are you running now?

The thing is I am planning on slamming the shit out of it. Running about -3 degrees in the front. Just enough to get a flush fitment. I’m just wondering if anyone has modified their fender wells to fit wider tires.

Sorry, why would you do that to a car you plan to drive ? Let us know how soon you change you mind after slamming it.

I tried to tell a young guy at work 20y/o with a new WRX, after he spent his money, it wasn't a few month's later he took all that crap off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry, why would you do that to a car you plan to drive ? Let us know how soon you change you mind after slamming it.

I tried to tell a young guy at work 20y/o with a new WRX, after he spent his money, it wasn't a few month's later he took all that crap off.

A lot of the time they just live with it or pony up for air suspension. His car, I won’t try to stop him. But obviously the logical answer is to run a normal ride height or narrower wheel.

To OP, you can run fender flares and cut up the fenders, molding the flares in place of the old fender. That or you could pull the ride height up until you can afford air suspension.

This is why a lot of people get into the slippery slope of doing things like ridiculous camber and stretched tires - to get “that fitment,” but you’re compromising many things at that point, and creating a potentially dangerous car.