LegacyGT.com

Innovative LC-2 Connection issues

discojon

I am having a hard time with keeping the LC-2 connected to romraider. The issue just started today. Whats happening is the LC-2 will initially connect and display AFR correctly in RR Logger, then after a sort time it will freeze and the AFR will become static. The analog output is working just fine and the AFR displays properly on my VBG during the freeze. I can also immediately close out RR logger and open LM programmer or LM Logger and connect without issue to the LC-2. Any ideas on what I could try would be greatly appreciated as i am in the middle of tuning the car with Cryo.

I have now tried in both a Win 7 VM on mac and booted into boot camp windows 7. I don't have another windows laptop to try it with though.

it does use a serial connection. The USB -> Serical Adapter I'm using is using a cheap prolific 2303 chip and I'm wondering if that is the problem. I have a different one coming tomorrow that uses the FTDI chip that will hopefully solve the connection issues. I am going to try installing a ferrite choke on the cable also.

Innovate Support wants me to try a few things such as not fooling with Rom Raider at all and trying to get a stable connection with Logworks only. Apparently they don't have enough supply to send a replacement unit :rolleyes:. If the new usb to serial doesn't fix it, it will be for sale very soon.

Added ferrite chokes to both cables and changed the location I was getting power from. No improvements. I did notice though that the analog output on the vbg-1 froze on the way home, indicating that not only is the serial output freezing, the analog output is also. IM tech thinks it is still noise related and wants me to change the ground directly to the battery and isolate the power also. It is currently sharing power and ground with the vbg-1. I plan on making new ground straps for the head to frame tonight also. I've about had it with this thing.

Good luck. I do hope you can resolve your issue. Quick plug, I live my plx. Install was cake compared to innovate and it works flawlessly with the vbg1. Never had an issue with it. No freezing. No messing with grounds. No having to revert to old firmware to get rid of error code 8. I wish I had gone with plx from the beginning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Before you give up on it, I had a similar issue and I it turned out to be my crappy serial-> usb converter. Also, check your RR log to see what exactly is giving an error. Here is a link to my thread in RR from a while ago with some troubleshooting; I know this is about an lc-1 and you have an lc-2 but the connectivity to romraider should be the same.

I will be sending a reply email as well to you about this but I have a feeling its related to the serial to USB. I have had a ton of issues with certain brands and others are fine. Seems the different chip sets Dont play nice I actually use dell laptops now specifically for the true serial port.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I think I have figured out the issue. When I plug in either the lc-2 via USB to serial OR the obdII individually,that device will work without issue. When one is plugged in and then the other, I get a USB device not recognized error. Lending me to believe there is a floating or bad ground or there is some voltage leaking to the ground circuit. I'm going to rewire the ground yet again for the lc2 and see if that makes any difference. I plan on experimenting with ground points to see what if any thing changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Archived