LegacyGT.com

Legacy B4 RSK Brakes

Hi all, planning to replace my brakes (pads, rotors and related hardware) around next month. I know that the rotors should be 294/295 mm in the front and 290 mm in the rear.

I know there is some compatibility with USDM WRX brakes in terms of parts, but which specific year are they compatible? Finding the right rotor size isnt too hard but I'm having difficulty with the pads, as I want to make sure that they will fit my stock calipers. My B4 came with the standard 2 pots on the front and 1 pot rears.

Also which brand should I choose? I've read bad things about Power Stops..

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265631

should be able to help you, to date this is the most complete thread on oem rotors and pads that i have found.

!!!!

This was the thread I was looking for!! Searching for it was like stumbling into a secret area in a video game but never finding it again after exiting it... Thank you very much!

**Edit: By the looks of it, I would have to pull from different model years. '04 USDM LGT for the front and '05 USDM LGT for the rear, both rotors and pads.

Yes, your brakes are colloquially known as FHI 4pot/2pot brakes. 06-07 WRX used the same setup in the NA market, and you can just match up the front and rear rotors for the other years that have them.

Unfortunately they are not :( mine came with standard 2 pots on the front and single pot on the rear. I do want to change it to FHI 4-2s but no budget for it anymore this year.. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i recently changed to the 4 pots on the front. i used 06 rotors on both. on the 4 pots i used the 06 pads and the rear i used just the stock pads for a 2000

Will keep this in mind for the next time. Aren't the '06 rotors on the front too big? As I know '06 USDM LGTs have the 326mm rotors while JDM RSKs only have 294mm rotors. Maybe its different if you used the 4 pots..

Just an update to this, got my front brakes done and apparently '04 LGT brake pads do not fit, that small peg that holds it onto the caliper bracket is of a slightly different size! Pads from an '04 STIs fit.

No, the FHI 4 pots use 294mm front rotors. Nosaint may have used non-LGT 2006 USDM rotors, which are 294mm, just like some older Legacy's (mostly GT-trims in the US). As you have pointed out, only the 05-09 GT-trims received the 326mm front rotors.

Keep in mind on whether people are using USDM or JDM model years. 04-05 is when Subaru switched over to the newer, 4th gen body style (earlier in Japan than in the US).

Archived