LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Started my journey today to get rid of water leak on driver's side. Lifted the carpet a little and there is a whole lot of water. Passenger side is dry.

outback forums have a lot of posts about similar issue on driver side. Most point to sun roof. That may force me to finally fix my non-working sunroof.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Filled up on e85 back to back and the pulls and logs and strong and healthy. I regret not getting flex now. Surprisingly 3 gas stations right by my new condo within 1 to 2 mile radius.

Bought new front and rear bumpers and will prep and paint myself to keep busy end of this summer. Guess I'm keeping my Dirty Penny for years to cum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I will totally take you up on a "golden" scaling of a box intake. Mine is fairly dialed in with stock injectors, but I would love to compare.

Can I have the golden scaling too? I like comparisons.

Looking back at my log revisions I cant make sence of my "version" codes, so I included the last two versions I know weren't related to the Grimmspeed intake, and the latest Grimmspeed one.

These will look a bit different down low than most. The stock tuned uses the MAF/MAP compensation table and the per injector pulsewidth comp tables to act kind of like a speed density tune. I removed all of that trying to fix some low idle issues my car has had sence the rebuild.

Curious to see how this compares to what you guys have. I sent the intake off to be flow tested and it seemed close: http://www.myaudis4.com/2018/02/04/subaru-airbox-maf-flow-testing/

maf_scalings.csv

Thanks I’ll try taking a look at them this weekend!

Crap.

I tried to buy some 740s on eBay, seemed like a nice guy; had the right box, sent me the flow sheet for them. When I put them in with a base tune for 740s, almost killed my engine running super lean. Looked at them closely and did some research and realized they were actually 550s. :-(. Something I should have noticed I think. But I had read that the spray pattern of 740s were 12 hole like our stock and I didn’t know how to spot the subtle differences. I honestly believe he is convinced they are 740s and can’t possibly be anything else. It would be silly to try to trick someone as they’ll know when they try to run them.

So I requested a refund and presented a bunch of evidence via several other sites with pictures of 550s and 740s and he refuses to look at them and is just accusing me of trying to swindle him. This sucks. Now I have to wait until the eBay timer is up and it goes to someone there to review as a third party. Will they be able to spot the difference between the injector spray patterns? Who knows, guess I’ll find out in several days.

Do they have the injector # from the flow sheet engraved on the injectors?

From what I've found, there is a visible difference between the tip of a stock 550 and a 740. They are both 12 hole patterns, but they also differ a bit.

Examples of 550s

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sidefeed-yellow-injector-spray-plate-differencei-230348.html

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Engine/Fueling/Injectors/CIMG1528.jpg~original

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5777363&postcount=4

attachment.php?attachmentid=263605&d=1522525192

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/nj-invidia-up-pipe-injectors-factory-head-unit-intercooler-221576.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=175625&d=1393383567

Examples of 740s

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tn-dw740-sidefeed-injectors-koni-adjustment-extenders-alternator-cover-269450.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=264279&d=1524177101

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/fuel-injectors/det-02j-00-0740-4-deatschwerks-fuel-injectors-side-feed-740cc

det_02j_00_0740_4_2

http://https//legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ky-dw740cc-sidefeed-injectors-216943.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=167772&d=1384395600

The "740s" that were sent to me didn't have any numbers in engraved in the injector that matched the flow sheet, which I found odd; but didn't know what it really meant at the time.

Booze, I’m off for the next six weeks if you need my garage.

Soooo, how badly do you want to help me install a new turbo, inlet and some hoses on my wagon?! :lol:

I'd STOCK your beer fridge for that help, and your house fridge, and anything else you need too.

Soooo, how badly do you want to help me install a new turbo, inlet and some hoses on my wagon?! :lol:

I'd STOCK your beer fridge for that help, and your house fridge, and anything else you need too.

I have been to the bottom of the intake manifold, I hope I never go back.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Someone please correct me if my logic is flawed here.

If I swap injectors and don't change a thing on the tune, and the car behaves exactly the same, then they are the same size injector. Right?

From everything I've read, if I were to put a set of 740s in a tune for 550s, it would be quite rich.

Also, the injectors that are supposed to be 740s have no scribe marks on them from DW to match the "injector numbers" on the flow sheet.

From those two items, I believe I can conclude that they are in fact NOT 740s, but rather 550s. Am I missing something here? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this so I can move on and I don't want to do wrong by the person that sold them to me.

Just finished up the rear speaker install on the Spec B, Tysparks87 hooked me up with a pair of Alpine Type R's he wasn't using.

I cut the oem ones out of the basket and installed them so they would have the water protector still on them.

They sound so much better than stock!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

If I swap injectors and don't change a thing on the tune, and the car behaves exactly the same, then they are the same size injector. Right?

From everything I've read, if I were to put a set of 740s in a tune for 550s, it would be quite rich.

Also, the injectors that are supposed to be 740s have no scribe marks on them from DW to match the "injector numbers" on the flow sheet.

From those two items, I believe I can conclude that they are in fact NOT 740s, but rather 550s. Am I missing something here? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this so I can move on and I don't want to do wrong by the person that sold them to me.

Yup. Don't second-guess yourself, it sounds like the eBay guy is trying to swindle you.

Got my motor back today :D :D :D

n4bacxRl.jpg

Realized a couple days ago that I neglected to give the shop the rear timing covers, so I'm gonna have to pull the cam sprockets to install them :spin: Not looking forward to that, but now that I've done it a couple times I'm not that worried about it. Mostly worried about whether I have everything I need to get this back up and running this weekend, or if I'm gonna need to order more parts.

Yup, and if you have a way of monitoring short term fuel trims like with Torque or Dash Command, you'll see around -20% immediately idling after initial start.

Mostly worried about whether I have everything I need to get this back up and running this weekend, or if I'm gonna need to order more parts.

Ugh, I am so behind on everything, now that my car suddenly decided to start leaking I didn't get to list all small hoses and other parts. I have pics though.

Good luck with the engine!

On the LGT I found a water leak in my trunk from a seam that appears to have been repaired before. I put some seam sealer in there for now. I'll dig into on my next vacation.

On my wife's lifted Outback Sport I swapped all four knuckles (with new wheel bearings), inner and outer tie rods, ball joints and endlink bearings. I have an extra set of knuckles that I pre-install bearings to make for an "easy" swap. I'm very thankful for the LGT style all-in-one bolt in bearing when I do this job.

I used a new brand rather than moog/mevotech for ball joints and tie rods. They are Pro Forged and the quality was excellent; they're better than any moog component I've used.

Working on getting my Cobb flex fuel kit installed along with a new timing belt kit. Hoping once I can go e85 on flex, it'll push me close to 400whp after the tune. Got all the right parts for those numbers except my 100k stock block may hate me for it! Just gives me an excuse to finally buy the IAG block if this one goes pop!

Working on getting my Cobb flex fuel kit installed along with a new timing belt kit. Hoping once I can go e85 on flex, it'll push me close to 400whp after the tune. Got all the right parts for those numbers except my 100k stock block may hate me for it! Just gives me an excuse to finally buy the IAG block if this one goes pop!

Ive tuned plenty of cars over 100k miles, its all about the condition and health of the car prior to tuning. I normally start to cringe when doing the same thing over 135k or so but subaru's will be subaru's....Some last forever modded to heck and some pop stock so who knows, might as well enjoy it! ;)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Ive tuned plenty of cars over 100k miles, its all about the condition and health of the car prior to tuning. I normally start to cringe when doing the same thing over 135k or so but subaru's will be subaru's....Some last forever modded to heck and some pop stock so who knows, might as well enjoy it! ;)

Dave

I went stage 2 at ~73K, at 226K now... keeping fingers crossed and gas pedal planted :lol:

I went stage 2 at ~73K, at 226K now... keeping fingers crossed and gas pedal planted :lol:

oh yeah, I have had customers with 05/06 LGT's come in with 150k on them and be like "alright I just bought this blouch 1.5xt,injectors and flex fuel kit, lets do this"

I advise about the possible issues and then we make it safe and strong but some customers are pushing 360-380whp on our heartbreaker for years afterward and another 50k!

Kind of hard to believe sometimes.....

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.