LegacyGT.com

Comet Gaskets?

So as the title states, I'm trying to see if anyone has had experience with Comet gaskets.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to be doing a ej251 partial rebuild/reseal but Subaru doesn't make a master gasket kit for that motor, so either I go non OEM or I buy all the Subaru gasket separately.

So have any of ya'll used comet gaskets or have other ideas for complete gasket kits? I've used comet HGs on a 60s Pontiac motor but that was pretty low compression and iron on iron, so I'm not sure that will still work for high compression and aluminum on aluminum.

Just did this work to my 02 Forester EJ251 when I did the HG on it. I went with this kit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BKWEBYM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=boxe0db-20&linkId=ee155bf9694563e92ff3789d12840a35

The head gaskets that come in this are the updated MLS based on the updated Subaru design. I can wholly confirm this as I was skeptical of a kit so "cheap" that I ordered a set of Subaru OE head gaskets for the EJ251. I ended up returning the Subaru gaskets when I found out they were 100% identical. If I had to order this kit again, I would in a heartbeat. My Forester is going great now for the last 1,000 miles since the rebuild with no leaks, so I cannot complain. Anyone who knows me knows I'm frugal but I also don't use crap parts on my car. I don't think this falls in the shit parts category after using the kit and seeing how it was compared to OE.

Archived