LegacyGT.com

replacing the timing belt ?

Sorry to thread jack, but is there a link to the OEM timing belt kit? Pump, seals, hoses for the H2O pump, idlers, tensioner and so on.......?? I will be doing my timing belt in the next upcoming couple weeks and want to make sure I have everything needed before I start.

Thanks in advance....

https://sixstarbernie.com/

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pocono thanks for the link......I appreciate it! Do I need to replace the two coolant hoses on the bottom of the water pump too?

Given they are fairly cheap and if one of them goes it could end up in an overheat/head gasket damage, it would make sense to replace them unless you know how old they are.

If the car has it's original water pump odds are those hoses are original from 2006. Reusing a 14 year old rubber hose seems like a bad idea. Same with the upper and lower radiator hoses, belts, etc. You have to take it all off anyway. Unless you know its history, replace it. It'll cost you an extra $50, but save you time in the long run.

Be very gentle with the coolant bypass pipe when you remove it. Thats the metal pipe that runs from the water pump, up behind the timing cover and back along the drivers side head. It's easy to bend it/crack a weld if you manhandle it getting those little hoses off. Ask me how I know....

Edited by poconoracing

• 3 years later...