LegacyGT.com

JDM Macintosh Language Change

Hello All! Tried searching but couldn't find the answer i needed. Just bought a 2009 Japanese Legacy. I live in Kenya and need English on the on screen McIntosh display. Can I change the language to English? How? Please assist.

Ah OK so its a 5th generation model. I have no idea about them but I think you would have to swap to a European unit that might have your local maps etc. It might be a lot of work and cash to get it working.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
I have the same issue here in New Zealand, the McIntosh system seems to be for the Japanese domestic market. Surely if the product is just a re-badged Clarion, there must be an English version available.

Hi, I am trying to find out if there is an English equivalent or if it is possible to fit an after market stereo system to a 2009 Legacy which currently has a McIntosh Jap domestic market stereo/GPS entertainment system in it.

I am in new Zealand and the original system does not work here.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
So i also live in kenya nad facing the same issue, did anyone ever find a solution to this? just reading online it appears that the language switch is not possible although its possible to change the language for the MFD to English; so I'm hopeful. just need to use google translate and go screen by screen, or look for a fellow Japanese locally. :-)