LegacyGT.com

Water in passenger side footwell

Found water in my 1995 subaru legacy passenger side footwell, pulled carpet door sills and kick panel. Found drain hose for sunroof short and draining into foam in bottom of A pillar. Did it come off a connection to another hose? Hard to find any illustrations on the hose routing. Thanks for any information. Had my Ls legacy sedan for 5 years,great litle car awesome in the snow.

I had this same issue and I just removed the sun visors and the a piller plastic trim and found the tubes had popped off the moonroofs vent holes. You don't have to remove the whole head liner. I used some weatherstrip adhesive to glue them inplace so the wouldn't come off again. There's actually four drains, one on each corner. The fronts drain behind the front fenders and the rears drain by the quarter panels. Make sure you use compressed air to blow through the rubber drain hoses but don't blow through the moonroof just blow through the hoses themselves otherwise you'll blow the hoses off. When I did mine tons of leaves and other crap blew out each hose.

Just pulled down the head liner on pasenger side-still connected. found the hose too short about a 1/2" shrunk where it's suposed to exit the A pillar gromet. Used A 1/2" polly push on connecter union(used for industrial air line)and added a short piece of 1/2" poly hose to exit the A pillar . Thanks fellas for all your input.

I just stated what was wrong with mine and how to fix it. My friend and his son both have second gens as well and they both had hoses that popped off just like mine. Seem to be the most common repair but not saying others would have something else wrong.

I just checked out that link and his problem wasn't that he had to increase the size of the "water dam". His problem was the org sealer between the track and metal frame was deteriorated so he had to reseal those two parts again.

If you pull headliner have someone run water only over the window, moulding areas. Check for leaking from pinch weld seperations or adhesion failure of the auto glass urethane. Then go back to the sunroof. If this vehicle has rack rails. Check there as well. A common rule of thumb in auto glass that should help you is these 2 things, check and penetrable orifices in the roof, and mind you water will never travel up.

Blow out sunroof drain lines with air, and if they are still clogged mix up a lil simple green and water and soak the drain lines.

GL!

I just checked out that link and his problem wasn't that he had to increase the size of the "water dam". His problem was the org sealer between the track and metal frame was deteriorated so he had to reseal those two parts again.

Guess I should have gone back and read the link before I started running my mouth. It's been a while, lol. Thanks again.

Archived