LegacyGT.com

Why I built a track wagon...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the advice on how I should throw more good money after bad. :lol:

The track day went great for the most part. The car ran great, but mid day the check engine light came on which freaked me out. I got it back in the paddock and pulled the code, it was P0031 Oxygen (A/F) sensor. Nothing major, but I called it at that point. There was a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust which freaked me out at first till I remembered that my old motor puked out so much oil that it poured out of the exhaust manifold. So it makes sense that once the exhaust got hot it would start burning off that oil. The motor oil level barely went down after running 29 laps. I was running with my buddy who has a stripped out E36 M3 running on coil overs and slicks and could keep up him. We both got around a guy in a Cayman GT4. He could not even out run me on the straight, which was kinda funny.

In the first sessions, it was still cool (~45 F) and the back was still damp, so I was running on my Blizzak LM-32's. Wow those are actually really grippy on a cold track. After the first session I switched over to the Proxies RR's, but now there was noive school traffic on the track so I did not get a full lap where I wasn't behind a student for a bit and had to lift till I got a point around them. But overall a really fun day.

"Since my last outing there resulted in fire and an AAA call for a flatbed, I have also invested in a fire suit and a featherlight trailer."

You've reached the point of adding a real fire system now.

FWIW, I like the ESS Fire Suppression System. You can literally pull the handle, discharge it. (Save your buns!) Then back in the paddock pour a new bottle of solution in it, replace the CO2 cartridge, and you're ready to go again. All the other systems you have to ship the bottle back to a factory authorized service center to be refilled.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

"You've reached the point of adding a real fire system now.

You are correct. My next project is for adding a FSS and battery switch.

I have a regular extinguisher in the car but need the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
The Ridge should hopefully change their policy as the country slowly reopens. Hopefully in time for Global Time Attack there in early June. I’d suggest spectating at that event as there will be lots of eye candy to look at from out of town. If the new bridge is in over the front straight, it will open up lots of room to watch and spread out. The Ridge is a killer track hope to get some more days in this season. Will most likely come up for the event to cheer a buddy on that is competing in his Audi S4 Avant track car, recently supercharged and putting down big power. Hot lap in the at the Ridge in my Legacy here:
Edited by shralp

ORP is allowed 25 people now, so the Club days will be going again.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"