LegacyGT.com

BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

Carter

All though these are new tires, I was wondering if anyone has these and how they have performed thus far. They are very reasonable and I want to replace my RE92 with something better.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Super+Sport+A%2FS&partnum=145WR7GFASXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=0&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get a lot of snow where I am. I usually got seperate snow tires and wheels for my cars, but I was buying a new car almost every year and it was a waste of money. So just in case, I want to get some All seasons and use my stock wheels, for now.

I had the original g-force sports on my 04 SRT. 225/40-18, probably one of the best UHP tires I ever rode on. Loved them. Those were summer only. Import magazines consistantly ranked the BFG on top in comparo tests.

I'm confident it is going to be a great tire for those who need A/S performance.

Godrich is making some quality tires lately. The Rugged Trail TA's on the 2500 Dodges perform better, last longer and ride better than the Michelin LTX's.

Until you see a few reviews in the snow I personally would wait on untested in winter conditions tires and use the RE92's. Especially given your goal is getting better winter traction beyond performance. Some of the UHP all-seasons are the same if not worse than RE92's in winter conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a set of 4 down at Discount this morning. They should be here next week. I used to use the older KDW's on my SVT and they were awesome tires. Made the car feel like an entirely different automobile, so I have no qualms about going with the new G-force. I thought about going with the G-Force Sport which are a summer tire, but we only dip below the freezing mark a handful of days a year, so it's not something I'm worried about... but this is my wife's daily driver and the Super Sport had a better wear rating, so I'm spending the extra $50 for the Supers.

Freaking RE92's. :( I'll give them the credit that they wore real well, but they lose pressure all the time and then when the wife had a flat this weekend I noticed that same tire had a great big bubble in it. Argh.

Hey,

Had my BF G's for 2 months and finally took them for a decent test drive in a foot of new snow last Saturday. Snowed a foot of really wet/ goopy snow and they were awesome. Great in the Utah Hills with sloped streets and all. I was very impressed. 06 LGT Wagon 5EAT Stage 1.

Slid a little the night before on the Freeway onramp passing an Outback that was creeping along about 10 MPH. I changed lanes into 3 inches of fresh, dropped it into 2nd and hit it. Back end started to step out and I let off and it straightened right out. Then proceeded to gently get on it to enter the freeway. It was 2 inches of packed snow and coming down like cats and dogs. Nice to drive confidently in the snow. Much more confidence than the RE92's in the rain.

In addition they've been great for the last two months in all areas of cold, dry pavement and rain. Overall very satisfied.

Also, Discount Tires gave me a great deal, it was the first set they'd sold and they matched Costco's price. ($130 each plus the rebate) Sold me the 4 replacement certificates and guaranteed me that if I toasted one tire, they'd replace all 4 with the certificates that I bought.

HOpe that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Got the Super Sports installed on Tuesday when the wife and I got back from vacation. I haven't had the chance to drive them much yet, only a few miles since it's her car. I can tell though that at low speed it feels more responsive than the RE-92's. I will say that they're ugly as sin on the car... in my opinion anyway. The tread is pretty gnarly looking which helps, but in typical good wear rating-all season fashion, they have big rounded shoulders and they're really balloonish looking on the car. Even more so than the RE92's. The G-Force Sports have a lower wear rating but a much more squared shoulder like I'm used to seeing. Anyway, as things progress I'll let you know what my driving impressions are. I should have the opportunity to put a couple hundred miles on them this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the look of these mounted on the car. I have 225/45's on my stock wheels and think they look pretty good.

Driving impression is solid in dry and wet so far...I have not had the chance to drive in snow yet with these so no insight on that front yet (doesn't help that it's 60 degrees out today).

Little by little they're growing on me on the wife's car. I've had the opportunity to beat on them for a few hundred miles now and have a much better feel for the differences between the SS's and the RE92's. The Super Sports are definitely more responsive. From what I can tell, they're a fair bit quieter too. That's a nice change since the RE92's on her car were always pretty noisy. These tires also give the car a little less oversteer than the RE92's. There's a low speed sweeping 45 degree corner not far from my office that I usually try to drift the car around for fun and the car doesn't come out as much with the SS's and doesn't take as much correction to get back in line. Guess I need to up the speed. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I am not familiar with this term, and I dont feel like googling. Care to explain?

Sorry, let me explain -- tramlining refers to the side-to-side motion you get typically when driving over grooved pavement. It's very unsettling.

Here's a more eloquent description:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

From what I've seen so far, these tires are very stable in that regard. We've had a bunch of rain and nastyness here the last couple of days so I finally got to test the tires out in some wet conditions and I'm very impressed. Traction is rock solid and predictable. Whereas with the RE92's especially after they got a few miles on them the LGT was very slippery.

Okay, just mounted a set of these in 225/40R18 on my new wheels to replace my PZeros. So far, I am quite happy with them -- still only 100 miles so I've been conservative with them, but first impression is that they have FAR less tramlining than the PZeros.

Good to know, I havent had any expierences with BFG.

BFG is made by Michelin. :p

Both brands are designed and tested in Greenville, SC. :)

http://www.swampfox.ws/michelin-pioneers-michelin-americas-research-and-development-corp

Most of the UHP tires are made in Greenville as well. Testing is carried out at Laurens Proving Grounds: http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0302scc_contact_patch/index.html

Little known fact that these tires are primarily American designed & built.

P.S. Never talk about tire design to women at parties, it won't improve your chances...

• 4 weeks later...

well, on monday I put BFG gforce SS a/s 215/45ZR17 to replace the factory potenzas. I got a great deal from discount tire direct, $121 a tire with free ship.

i like the look and feel... i hope i get as many miles out of these as i did on the potenzas (56k).

It's snowing like hell today so i will get a chance to test them this afternoon.

i would like to know if anyone has put these on a GT sedan and how they are wearing.

Archived