LegacyGT.com

Production date cut-off for 2005?

skibum

Hi all, I'm thinking about getting a Legacy GT MT Wagon before they're all gone.

Does anyone know what the last build date for Legacy's was for the 2005 MY? I'm assuming either June or July. I have a "line" on a GT that was produced in May of '05 (3+ months ago), but worry that there may still be some bugs in a car of this vintage.

Anyone know if there were any substantial last minute improvements or fixes incorporated into the last copies to leave the line in Lafayette? If not, then perhaps a build date of 05/05/05 (that's right, May 5th, 2005) might not be so bad? I'm obviously trying to avoid as many of the known issues with this car as I possibly can.

Thanks!

Go ahead and get it! I just bought mine and it has been on their lot for about a year. If things need to be fixed that is what the warranty is for. I think I have one of the rarest Legacys, Wagon 5mt non-limited.

Generally that is when auto manufactures do it. No sense in continuing to make two model years at a time. Production stops on the 05 when the 06 starts. That is usually June or July.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Go ahead and get it! I just bought mine and it has been on their lot for about a year. If things need to be fixed that is what the warranty is for. I think I have one of the rarest Legacys, Wagon 5mt non-limited.

Congratulations Yamie! Yep you do, as these things are fairly rare...I think 80% of them came equipped with automatics....sigh.

Did you get from a dealer in New England or elsewhere? I may have you mixed up with another member from the NE though.

Nope, I am in MN.

Now is a great time to buy being the end of the month. I got mine with autodim/ compass mirror, security upgrade, roof racks, and rear cargo tray for $23,300 before ttl. They only charged me a $50 processing fee and with my trade helping to bring taxes down I was out the door for like $24,100.

Wow, that's a terrific out the door price. You did good. Amazingly, the one I'm looking at - also equipped with Pop. Equip Group 1, and Grp 2 (center armrest/rear cargo net) - is being offered to me for the same price - 23,300 before ttl. If I can come to terms with the dealer, I want to get the rear cargo tray as well & the wheel locks. By roof racks, do you mean the square cross bars ($150 list/$85 invoice)?

Yep, I have the square cross bars. I took them off right away, not really an option I need but it may come in handy down the road.

I hope your deal goes through skibum. What color are you looking at? So yours is a non-limited 5mt right, if you get regal blue we will be twins.

The primary color I'm looking at is Obsidian Black. I do like Regal Blue, but my current car is blue, so I want something different. I'm not aware of any Regal blue ones left in my area. I also really like the Garnet Red (there's a Red GT wagon 5MT - non-limited in Columbus), but I worry it might be a cop magnet...esp at triple digit speeds. :)

I got lucky as I really like the regal blue and that was the only non-limited 5mt wagon left anywhere near me. There were I think 2 limited 5mt wagons left at any of the dealers around the twin cities. Black looks really nice too on the wagons, esp. with tinted windows. With cleared headlights, a different grill, and a lip spoiler dark colored cars can look just mean.

Archived