LegacyGT.com

New to me 07 LGT. Would like some help with a few things

I recently bought a silver 2007 Legacy GT in the Portland, OR area. Perhaps it used to belong to someone on this forum. The person I bought it from owned the car for less than a year and had receipts for thousands of dollars in repairs for headgaskets and various other issues. Car runs and drives good now and doesn't leak. I have a lot of experience working on the EZ30 platform but none on turbo models. A few odd things I can't figure out on my own are.

1. Connector not plugged in on the driver's side just behind the cylinder head.

2. Large connector with thick gauge wire not plugged in near oil filler cap.

3. Paperwork said installed STi catless up-pipe or down-pipe....can't remember and I don't have the paperwork with me at the moment. Can anyone confirm I have an STi pipe?

4. Custom intake pipe? Lots of small vacuum hoses going everywhere.

5. Tail lights always on when the car is running.

Otherwise the car seems mostly stock.

lgt4.thumb.jpg.885dbfe93a7dd8312a17200c8f6327b8.jpg

lgt1.thumb.jpg.a89956459507c714e50c071e98dd841d.jpg

lgt2.thumb.jpg.e630c12c13ab401b17a365b75234e341.jpg

lgt3.thumb.jpg.044d5c09dd779932c71df20f55c7ae23.jpg

I think that might be the plug for EGT sensor that would have been in the up-pipe. Might indicate that you do have a catless uppipe that no longer has the EGT sensor.

I think that's from a secondary air pump delete. If you don't have any coded, then it likely has a custom tune to removed the CELs for the missing air pump and EGT sensor.

3. Paperwork said installed STi catless up-pipe or down-pipe....can't remember and I don't have the paperwork with me at the moment. Can anyone confirm I have an STi pipe?

Looks like a stock downpipe, can't see the up-pipe from any of the pictures.

That's an aftermarket turbo inlet and it looks like someone replaced all the old stock vacuum hoses with silicon (red)

Even with the headlights off? Taillights or brake lights?

Thanks. I think you're spot on with your guesses. So it seems this LGT probably had some mods done to the engine. Besides those and some Moog endlinks the car appears totally stock. Power feels similar to my 3.0R which has a few mods.

As far as the lights, they were always on. I can't test it out now because I drained the coolant to install a block heater tomorrow. And I just disconnected the daytime running light connector then turned the key to the "ON" position and the parking lights were not on. I'll test again with the engine running in a couple of days.

For the up pipe. I didn't know what an up pipe was yesterday. I believe I have a catless up pipe. It's mostly covered by heat shields but I can see part of it and it seems catless.

I think that might be the plug for EGT sensor that would have been in the up-pipe. Might indicate that you do have a catless uppipe that no longer has the EGT sensor.

I think that's from a secondary air pump delete. If you don't have any coded, then it likely has a custom tune to removed the CELs for the missing air pump and EGT sensor.

Looks like a stock downpipe, can't see the up-pipe from any of the pictures.

That's an aftermarket turbo inlet and it looks like someone replaced all the old stock vacuum hoses with silicon (red)

Even with the headlights off? Taillights or brake lights?

07+ EJ255 had a catless UP stock so that might be a replacement UP due to some other damage, they are no different than a Ej257 UP from 07, sounds good on paper to include STi when possible.

The previous owner deleted the Secondary air pump that wire behind the head and the thick wire at the front of the driver side head are for the pump and solenoid that were removed. If you do not have a COBB AP or that car did not come with one the previous owner has used ECUFlash and Romraider + a Tactrix 2.0 cable to disable the related codes for solenoid stuck open, closed and voltages. If they did not and got a custom COBB AP tune to accomplish this, you have other issues.

Make sure you leave the last part of that system intact as it houses the barometric pressure sensor (stupid Subaru) that is used by the ECU. it is located under the turbo inlet area. Also check to make sure they blocked off the ports the systems used on teh back or each head.

The turbo inlet is updated with some brand silicone inlet, it is for the better

The lights are on b/c you've flipped the switch on top of the steering column, look behind the wheel there is a toggle switch, when ON it shows a red rectangle when off a P (i think)

They probably should have had told you all this prior to selling you the car, purely so you know what you are working with, when making changes or diagnosing problems.

In the stack of paperwork I think the head gaskets have been replaced twice now in this car's lifetime. The latest paperwork mentions the STi up pipe and multi-layer stainless steel gaskets.

About the previous owner..... The guy I bought the car from bought it from another guy in Oregon and said he bought it for his girlfriend and then later she wanted something else. He paid for like $4,000 in repairs. But he didn't seem to know much about the car. He mentioned Cobb tuning but didn't know anything about it. He never even got the car titled in his name or registered. He was driving it in the other guy's name. I didn't know that until money changed hands. Luckily I got the title switched over to my name without any problems.

For the lights the switch on top of the steering column was my first thought as well. I was flipping it off and on with no change. I uncovered some crappy wiring in the back for a generic Uhaul trailer wiring module that was wired through the tail lights instead of the factory plug. It had frayed wiring that I thought may have been grounding out the lights. I removed it but no change.

Next I removed the DRL connector in the front and that turned off the parking lights. I thought all was well but I realized last night that I don't have high beams. On my 2008 I had to de-pin a wire instead of removing the whole DRL connector so I'll try that next. I also noticed a high pitched electrical sound when I turn on the parking lights/headlights. Could be some bad wiring somewhere.

07+ EJ255 had a catless UP stock so that might be a replacement UP due to some other damage, they are no different than a Ej257 UP from 07, sounds good on paper to include STi when possible.

The previous owner deleted the Secondary air pump that wire behind the head and the thick wire at the front of the driver side head are for the pump and solenoid that were removed. If you do not have a COBB AP or that car did not come with one the previous owner has used ECUFlash and Romraider + a Tactrix 2.0 cable to disable the related codes for solenoid stuck open, closed and voltages. If they did not and got a custom COBB AP tune to accomplish this, you have other issues.

Make sure you leave the last part of that system intact as it houses the barometric pressure sensor (stupid Subaru) that is used by the ECU. it is located under the turbo inlet area. Also check to make sure they blocked off the ports the systems used on teh back or each head.

The turbo inlet is updated with some brand silicone inlet, it is for the better

The lights are on b/c you've flipped the switch on top of the steering column, look behind the wheel there is a toggle switch, when ON it shows a red rectangle when off a P (i think)

They probably should have had told you all this prior to selling you the car, purely so you know what you are working with, when making changes or diagnosing problems.