LegacyGT.com

What tires are you guys/gals currently rocking? I have the continental extreme contact dws. I've had them on all 3 cars, I really do like them...just the price is a lot to keep buying them. I love the tread and they handle well in all weather.

Just trying to see if maybe I'm overlooking a good tire at a cheaper price point.

Decent tires are pricey, that's just the way it is. $160ish for the Conti's isn't even on the high end for good tires. I'll be trying out the new Plus version soon. I heard they'll be offering rebates in June.

I've still got my stock Yokohama AVID GT's in 225/50R18 on my car (I have less than 2k miles on the clock). They are OK so far, but I am seriously considering swapping them out for some BFGoodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS tires in 245/45ZR18. Has anyone on here had these tires before? They look to be the same price as the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's. Edited by LBSypher

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

I have been using General tires for almost a decade, they perform very well for the price and the only drawback I have found is that they are a bit louder than other tires. So far I only have experience with their winter and all season tires, but I am a few weeks away from ordering their summer performance tire (G-MAX RS).

HOWEVER, if you want an awesome set of tires for a mix of occasional track use and weekend driving, Yokohama AD08Rs have treated me well in the past (2001 2.5RS).

i've been using bridgestone re92s and they've been good, but i'm going to be switching next time...i keep hearing good things about generals and might end up going that way. they're the budget brand for contis, and i've had good luck with contis in the past so i'm curious.

I'm reasonably happy with how the General G-MAX RS I got last year were in the summer for a street tire. They're pretty much better in every respect than the Dunlop SP Sport MAXX that comes stock on WRX and STI's and I really didn't need the extra grip (and price) that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s offered over these.

In the winter I generally don't mess around and always run Blizzak/X-Ice/Wintersports on my cars.

As it is, I don't like all season tires in any capacity as they're pretty much no season tires. BUT, of them, the DWS is pretty much the only one I'd buy if I were forced.

I run Continental Extreme Contact DW summer tires and would buy another set. My '11 Red Legacy GT had Nokian WR3 A/S from the prior owner, those are the best all season tires for the snow. I suspect those make a sacrifice in grip and handling. They are a little noisy. I have had 2 set of Nokian WR3 on SUV's, you almost can't tell they aren't snow tires. I plan to buy a set of those for my 2009 Outback as my A/S are wearing out on that.

Good point! I had Nokian WRG3 on my wife's GLI for a couple winters and they were reasonably good as a 3.5 season tire. Just that in the heat of summer, they were very squishy and the sidewalls on them did not feel sporty

As it is, I don't like all season tires in any capacity as they're pretty much no season tires. BUT, of them, the DWS is pretty much the only one I'd buy if I were forced.

Agreed, but I have heard good things about the Michelin Cross Climate tires for occasional snow. Being in Canada, I'll stick with dedicated summer and winter tires, but for mild climate that we infrequent snow, they might be ok.