LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Nothing special but I have ordered 1 coil pack. Also have 5 qts of Subaru 75w/90 on the way for $55 shipped.

A few days ago my car started to jerk with high throttle. Almost knew immediately it was a coil. AP was showing cylinder 3 roughness count taking hits. Should have it swapped out by this weekend.

I’m due for a transmission flush (I must be over 60k by now). So I found an eBay sale for high performance Subaru 75/90 x4 for $40 shipped and then bought same 1x qt for $15 for the rear diff. I believe I’m correct, but I can run the same fluid for the rear?

Nothing special but I have ordered 1 coil pack. Also have 5 qts of Subaru 75w/90 on the way for $55 shipped.

A few days ago my car started to jerk with high throttle. Almost knew immediately it was a coil. AP was showing cylinder 3 roughness count taking hits. Should have it swapped out by this weekend.

Update: It was the spark plug! After the coil swap, the misfire was still there. Swapped plugs and misfire followed. I had to change out the whole set because it turns out these plugs were fake Ngk’s (just installed 3months ago)!

Amazon. The new set is from Amazon as well. I called ngk to verify if those were authentic and they are. I didn’t even know fake plugs existed until I researched last night and it’s all over the place. Ngk even has a guide on how to spot fakes. These plugs were almost spot in until you see the tip is obvious different.

Spoiled myself for Christmas and aside from paying my final payment on my Legacy, I plunked down on a set of Inferno Fabrications Headers for my 3.6R. I've been eyeing this setup since they premiered them since they come with both the headers and the catted section before the rear y-pipe, which leaves a lot less of the system to be fabbed. They ran a 15% off Black Friday sale through 12/20, and my Christmas bonus hit on 12/18, so I just couldn't resist.

This picture is from their prototype of them, the S-Bend was a pre-production test idea to try and achieve a UEL effect, but it did not work out and the idea was abandoned. The final setup will be a mirror of the right side.

457zqnc.png

I plunked down on a set of Inferno Fabrications Headers for my 3.6R.

Let us know how you like them and how they sound/perform. I used your tip here to contact them about fabbing up a gen 6 version with the extra body clearance required. Raptor was a PITA to deal with and like you said....tons of fab work. If your experience goes well I'm very likely to get a set.

Will you get a tune?

Let us know how you like them and how they sound/perform. I used your tip here to contact them about fabbing up a gen 6 version with the extra body clearance required. Raptor was a PITA to deal with and like you said....tons of fab work. If your experience goes well I'm very likely to get a set.

Will you get a tune?

I am already tuned by XRT, so yeah, I'll just be logging and having him re-adjusted the tune to suit the headers and exhaust setup.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a set of 2015-2017 Ford Mustang LED fog lights (take-offs, apparently - said they had 40 miles on them, and they look pristine, so I believe it!) - decided I wanted more LED lights... and my OEM fogs look sad (dirty on the inside again) - for those not familiar, this is something GTeaser figured out a while back

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-ford-led-fog-lights-267980.html?t=267980

Also found out that if you turn the ignition to on while the oil is out (was testing said foglights), then the low oil light gets set (the yellow one) - if this happens to you, I have heard it will go out after 10 miles driving, but a thread on here said it did not go out with driving, so you need to use the PDI fuse to reset it (put the PDI fuse back in place, turn the ignition to on (don't start the car), wait for the light to go out, then turn the key to off, put the PDI fuse back, and you are good to go. (the PDI fuse is in the upper right corner of the engine fuse box - it has paint on it - you move it from the recessed location to the raised location in the right corner, then back when you are done)

• 4 weeks later...

Snagged a set of JDM A-C type signal auto-folding mirrors for a great price. Going on the shelf for a while for later this year while I source the switch and either study up on wiring them or pay someone else to wire them. Also picked up an H6 badge from JDM BL/BP H6 Legacys, plan to put them on my front fenders once I find a second one.

7LQeijo.jpg

CBF4KAk.jpg

GiqL4Tz.jpg

I am thinking about buying wheel spacers, running stock wheels and brakes my understanding from several other posts in the forum is the minimum would be 17mm in the front and 20mm in the back to bring front and rear flush.

I am thinking about getting the Ichiba version 2 hubcentric spacers, any thoughts?

I am thinking about buying wheel spacers, running stock wheels and brakes my understanding from several other posts in the forum is the minimum would be 17mm in the front and 20mm in the back to bring front and rear flush.

I am thinking about getting the Ichiba version 2 hubcentric spacers, any thoughts?

I had my stockers on for a few days when I got my wheels painted. They are on H&R DRM 20mm spacers all around. Nica and flush.

The 17mm minimum is for the stockers to clear front STI Brembos IIRC.

09huvHT.jpg

MHnBHOr.jpg

Vo4Xe4n.jpg

Our wheel opening arch out as they go higher, flush at the top means more roads debris get kicked up. My 2.5i with WRX wheel ended up with chips in the paint. My 12 has scratch in the paint when I bought it and it is likely from the prior owner who used spacers. Making it look good may have addition consequences.

Our wheel opening arch out as they go higher, flush at the top means more roads debris get kicked up. My 2.5i with WRX wheel ended up with chips in the paint. My 12 has scratch in the paint when I bought it and it is likely from the prior owner who used spacers. Making it look good may have addition consequences.

Hmm, I'll keep this in mind, so far I am having a hell of a time finding spacers in-stock from reputable manufacturers, so I have some time to think.

After many years of pining after it, and after having a raise, a bonus, the remainder of last year's profit-sharing hit all at once, AND the conversion rate being pretty good for yen-to-usd at the moment, I finally plunked down on an order for the EZ36 version of the Kakimoto Intake chamber. Super excited for this to get here.

lsCifKt.png