LegacyGT.com

anyone install the side rain visors?

nomoreS4

Ordered these for my wagon (E3610AG010) from my Subaru dealer many months ago -- they finally arrived.

The instructions mention using "primer", and the diagram shows "P K500".

Does anyone know what kind of primer they are referring to? Of course it wasn't included in the parts list.

Wondering if this primer would be similar to the stuff used on ABS plumbing? Don't wanna ruin the exterior trim by using the wrong stuff.

In general, apppeciate some pointers from someone who has installed these visors, esp. since the English instructions aren't very clear. :confused:

Ordered these for my wagon (E3610AG010) from my Subaru dealer many months ago -- they finally arrived.

The instructions mention using "primer", and the diagram shows "P K500".

Does anyone know what kind of primer they are referring to? Of course it wasn't included in the parts list.

Wondering if this primer would be similar to the stuff used on ABS plumbing? Don't wanna ruin the exterior trim by using the wrong stuff.

In general, apppeciate some pointers from someone who has installed these visors, esp. since the English instructions aren't very clear. :confused:

I got the JDM ones. The 'primer' was something to wipe the mounting surface down to allow the 3m doublestick to adhere. It was an alcohol pad, IIRC.

• 13 years later...

Necrobump!

So the instructions I have specify a cleaning agent, and the Primer P K500. I'd almost think that the cleaning agent would be the alcohol pad.

The instructions imply that after applying the Primer P K500, the surface will be sticky.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 3 weeks later...
The tape on my visors are well over 12 years old and isn't sticky anymore.. does anyone know where I can get new tape, in the same thickness/depth to replace it?

Any 3M two sided moulding tape should work - maybe measure what the old tape is (1/4" or 3/8"?). The problem will be getting all the old tape off and cleaning both the visor and window frame up. Rubbing alcohol and or Goo Gone would do the trick, used sparingly of course.

• 11 months later...
You wouldn't happen to have those instructions? I just bought a 2008 Legacy and the guy I bought it from had them, but never installed, there in OEM box with JDM instructions, i know it seems simple enough, but if you could hook me up with them I'd be greatly appreciative.