LegacyGT.com

Windshield replacement

I have another cracked windshield on my 2018 3.6R . Safelite says their windshields will work with my eyesite and I don't need the Subaru OE windshield.

Thoughts? If subaru needs their windshield, anyone have a link to share?

Only thing I can say is Subaru says they can't warranty the Eyesite if it's not OEM Glass.. I went around n around with my Insurance Company until they agreed on the OEM Glass..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Same here. I always make sure that my insurance gives me the OEM...though I swear that OEM glass is garbage cause I've replaced more windshields on that car than any other vehicle I've had.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I have another cracked windshield on my 2018 3.6R . Safelite says their windshields will work with my eyesite and I don't need the Subaru OE windshield.

Thoughts? If subaru needs their windshield, anyone have a link to share?

Safelite replaced mine back in June.

Had to drop-off and have them do it at their facility as Eyesight Calibration is required.

It's been operating with no issues since then.

Safelite just replaced my windshield a couple of days ago (2017 Legacy 2.5i Premium). Like Painless, they had to do it in the shop and EyeSight calibration was pricey ($930 parts + labor). My insurance covered the costs less deductible. My local Subaru dealer did not seem to be interested in doing the job. My replacement windshield is working fine and Safelite provides a warranty. Lane Departure warning works fine. I have not checked Auto High beam or Collision warning. My guess is even if it is not OEM, this windshield is pretty good.

IMG_7344.thumb.jpg.7d0f4f5b9d9dfa1bda73d74a90bac28e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just got mine replaced (15 Limited). Took about four hours and cost was ~$1100, all covered by insurance. No issues yet and the Safelite team did a great install. Talking to the manager, they apparently do a lot of Subaru's with eyesight. If you're worried, I'd just check with the Safelite facility. I'm in Colorado so there's plenty of Subaru's here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...