LegacyGT.com

Big 3 alternator question

I want to do the big 3 in my car. I already ran a 0 awg from the neg on the battery to chassis, then ended up running 2 more 0 awg from 2 spots on the engine one where we are supposed to ground and the other from what appears to be a mount on the intake side that isnt in use. My issue is with the alternator run. When you pop the cap off its easy enough to unscrew the bolt but once you put the ring terminal with your 0 awg wire not only can the cap not close but theres then a big hot copper connector sticking out. I feel even with heat shrink covering most of it there will still be some copper out in the open. Then theres the issue of shaving off some plastic from the cap on the alternator so it might be able to close. Whoever has done this could you please give me your words of wisdom and a pic or 2. Ive looked around the forum and yes theres talk about the big 3 but no one has really addressed the issues with the alternator portion.

Ask yourself: What problem are you trying to solve? Why do you think you need a 0 AWG wire on a 100 amp (peak) alternator circuit?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

This is preventative I am installing 2 amps w a lot of watts and a big capacitor. In any event having the car run as efficient as possible is never a bad idea. With that said I already own everything I need to do the job. I also enjoy doing projects on my car even if gains are small or non existent. In the future I’ll be getting a high amp alternator so might as well get the ball rolling with what I have at home.

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...