LegacyGT.com

what shop would you recommend in MD?

gmalen

i am looking for high quality and professional shop in MD who can work on and tune my 2008 LGT....

i would like to get feedback from you guys if have a good shop out there the you use.

i travel overseas for work and would like to have my car set up by the time i get home, so please only suggest a shop that you have used and would trust with youre own baby.

thanks you from a LGT lover in need.

where in maryland are you located? I take my car to Andrewtech in Gaithersburg i trust them with my car 100% not only that they are awesome people with very reasonable rates. talk to Sam he will hook it up!

also i have herd nothing but good things about IAG.

Good luck!

if around the frederick area, Foreign Auto Excellence. they specialize in subarus, bmw and hondas. not a modification shop.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I've gone to IAG for some maintenance stuff - had them do all the fluids and spark plugs shortly after I bought the car, just installed new tires in December, and they'll be switching my tires over to some WRX wheels in a couple weeks. Nice clean shop, honest, friendly guys, fair rates.

When I was in for the fluids, they found one of my CV boots was freshly torn - so fresh the grease splatters were still clean/not caked in dirt. I was waiting in the lobby, and I liked that they brought me back to the shop to show me the torn boot. They had parts on hand, and got that done the same day. They also showed me where the rear toe adjustments were rusted/seized, so I had them replace those when I got the new tires.

However, since you're looking at work and tuning, I'd suggest considering Agile.

IAG doesn't have an in house tuner -they fly their guy, Jorge, out once per month, I think from California. I've heard nothing but great things about his tunes.

However, Agile's tuner is their owner. Since you're looking to drop it off, and come back to a modded car, I think they'd be more flexible with scheduling. I also feel that says a lot about the tunes he does.

I'm not trying to say Jorge at IAG would be bad/unsafe (I've seen posts at NASIOC saying how Jorge will flat out tell you you've got the wrong tuner if you're asking for a "run on the ragged edge" tune), by any means, just that Hill has about as much skin in the game as a tuner can have, which, justified or not, gives me confidence in him.

That said, I've never been to Agile at all, and am only going off what I've seen here and at NASIOC.

Either way, I think you'll be happy. I've always hated taking cars to independent mechanics because, no matter how trustworthy they seem, I just never felt completely comfortable with them.

I felt very comfortable with my car at IAG, and I'm guessing I'd feel the same at Agile.

I've also heard good things about TurboXS.

Second on Agile Auto... they have built and tuned all my subaru and hill knows his stuff when it comes to tuning. They have been in the business for over 10 years and I've never had an issue with them from day 1

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Iag is the only shop that touches my car for anything I can't do. I drive hour and a half just to have them do what I need. Been tuned 3-4 times by Jorge and always had a great experience. He will answer your questions and ask you what you want from your car. Yes he flys in once a month and can be a pain sometimes but is def worth the wait.

Agile just did my clutch.

Pre tune inspect to come soon

I won their open house dyno tund

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

you were there that day? i won the forza tournament and got a gift certificate for NASA track days, along with the subaru trophy.

you were there that day? i won the forza tournament and got a gift certificate for NASA track days, along with the subaru trophy.

The last open house they had I was there/ food drive. I didn't know they were giving a trophy. I would have at least tried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Maybe we should have a Mid-Atlantic Tuning Directory thread that is stickied...

Maryland

Turbo XS in Gaithersburg, MD - turboxs.com

IAG in Westminster, MD - iagperformance.com

Agile Automotive in Fallston, MD (Near Bel Air, MD) - agileauto.com

Virginia

P-Tuning in Manassas, VA - ptuning.com

Mach V in Sterling, VA - fastwrx.com or machv.com

Pennsylvania

Moore Performance Parts in McKees Rocks, PA (Near Pittsburgh) - mooreperformanceparts.com

Area1320 Motorworks in Nazareth, PA - area1320.com

CBRD SpeedFactory in York, PA - cbrdspeedfactory.com

PSI PROformance in Lansdale, PA - psiproformance.com

TurboXS now exclusively tunes through us, so you'd have to call Andrewtech to get to TurboXS =D

Who is the tuner at TurboXS?

Since there is a short distance between the two shops... how do you deal with mods that require tunes like injectors? :D

What's are you looking for them to do? They don't offer tuning they use turbo xs I believe

nothing at this point. Just getting the list of shops for future reference. Currently open source tunes for my cars with Mike at tuningalliance.

TurboXS now exclusively tunes through us, so you'd have to call Andrewtech to get to TurboXS =D

So xero287, you work at Andrewtech then :) ?

Who is the tuner at TurboXS?

Since there is a short distance between the two shops... how do you deal with mods that require tunes like injectors? :D

Jermaine is the tuner at TurboXS, we usually head over there to perform additional modifications such as injectors or we do all of the modifications then send it over there. :lol:

Archived