LegacyGT.com

Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit for the Legacy GT Platform

m sprank

On their website, I just see '08-09 kits. Do they support '05-07 as well? Under development?

They already have the 05-07 installed in cars. At least one forum member already has it. I am not sure why Bill has not officially announced support and uploaded it to his website. They have been very busy next door with new application releases and the current upgraded "version 2" package.

Bill gets back tomorrow. I will hit him up then.

Hey guys, just messaged Delicious Tuning about their flex fuel kit, and received this: "We will be releasing a 2005 compatible kit when January rolls around, so keep your eyes peeled!" In a month we will finally have flex fuel!

Hey guys, just messaged Delicious Tuning about their flex fuel kit, and received this: "We will be releasing a 2005 compatible kit when January rolls around, so keep your eyes peeled!" In a month we will finally have flex fuel!

Are they compatible with the access port or just open source?

HUGE news from the Delicious Tuning front. I have authorization to start a discounted GB for the release of the 2005-2007 LGT (and the already available 08-09 LGT) Flex Fuel kits now. I will be posting the GB in the next few days (if not this weekend). Keep your eyes peeled. Steep discounts will be given to the early adopters.

From Delicious:

"The kits are designed to support Speed Density on Cobb AccessPort, so quick and accurate remote tuning is possible with Delicious Tuning with most any setup people have on their vehicles. The kits will also support EcuTeK or Open Source tuning solutions, but please be aware Delicious Tuning will only support Cobb and EcuTeK only.

We already have these kits on a couple Legacy GT's and they have been running well. We also already have dozens of these kits on older gen WRX's and they have been running well also. So don't wait for the inevitable, get your kit, get it tuned and enjoy your car."

From Delicious:

"The kits are designed to support Speed Density on Cobb AccessPort, so quick and accurate remote tuning is possible with Delicious Tuning with most any setup people have on their vehicles. The kits will also support EcuTeK or Open Source tuning solutions, but please be aware Delicious Tuning will only support Cobb and EcuTeK only.

1) What's the minimum suggested injector size? DW650s/bnr16g need not apply? Some people say with stock 550s and bnr16g/vf52, they are only losing a little up top - with 650s, that's a bit more headroom. Would I get more mid-range, but lose out on some power up top due to injectors?

2) Any tuners certified for e-tuning open source with kit, or is that only for Cobb w/ speed density? Does it require splicing in of data signals, eg to TGVs or something? What if I still have TGVs? Does Cobb/Ecutek require similar wiring adjustments?

Could we please start a new thread concerning the DT flex fuel kit as this thread is specifically geared toward the COBB kit and not designed to discuss all flex kits on the market......

Thanks

Dave

Cobb has no kit for the 4th gen LGT. None has been released.

There are no current options on the market other than the Delicious Tuning FF kit for the 4th gen LGT.

New thread is here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/initial-product-release-group-buy-delicious-tuning-flex-fuel-kits-258628.html

• 4 weeks later...

No. I have very few 5th gen customers. I have one coming in for an oil change and a brake job next week. If Bill is interested in taking some pix and measurements, he can.

There might not be enough sales to justify the time to make a kit for the 5th gen LGT. That will be up to Delicious Tuning.

• 4 months later...

I've already purchased Delicious Flex Fuel kit and it is currently pending installation but for the sake of providing information to the consumer I'll ask my question here.

Will this kit pass smog? And by Smog I am referring to the sniffer and OBD2 check.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread...I know there has been some recent discussion about the Cobb FF, but I am wondering who is running the Delicious FF. It's been out for a couple years now.

According to Delicious site, it can be protuned via Accessport, so I'd imagine a lot more using this, but can't seem to find any discussion around it.

Resurrecting this thread...I know there has been some recent discussion about the Cobb FF, but I am wondering who is running the Delicious FF. It's been out for a couple years now.

According to Delicious site, it can be protuned via Accessport, so I'd imagine a lot more using this, but can't seem to find any discussion around it.

What would you like to know? I've been running Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel solution for a year now.

I have a few questions. It looks like the connectors on the box are a MAF intercept wire.

20170213_112514_0.jpg

Does the kit just alter the g/s reading of the MAF based on the ethanol sensor reading?

Can you read the ethanol content on your accessport?

How much power did you gain? What size injectors are you using?

It is using the MAF to power the device. The device intercepts the intake air temp sensor and uses this for Flex Fuel "triggers". You can see the E content on your AP using the intake air temp set to Celsius.

If/when Cobb releases a FF kit for the LGT then DT can modify the existing kit to use the input Cobb selects and programs for the FF trigger. As there are no tables in the ECM for FF this is the only way to make it work without the tables. Cobb adds tables in their software for a FF kit when they support it.

Laymen explanation.

I have a few questions. It looks like the connectors on the box are a MAF intercept wire.

20170213_112514_0.jpg

Does the kit just alter the g/s reading of the MAF based on the ethanol sensor reading?

Can you read the ethanol content on your accessport?

How much power did you gain? What size injectors are you using?

It is using the MAF to power the device. The device intercepts the intake air temp sensor and uses this for Flex Fuel "triggers". You can see the E content on your AP using the intake air temp set to Celsius.

If/when Cobb releases a FF kit for the LGT then DT can modify the existing kit to use the input Cobb selects and programs for the FF trigger. As there are no tables in the ECM for FF this is the only way to make it work without the tables. Cobb adds tables in their software for a FF kit when they support it.

Laymen explanation.

I gained 86 horsepower and 82 torque to the wheels over 91 octane numbers, resulting in 355 whp and 370 torque. I am on DW 1300cc injectors (top feed) and a DW300 fuel pump.

I've had no issue with the system in the little over a year I've been running it.

Mike took care of all the other questions so I'll leave the rest of your questions alone ;)

Thanks Mike and Gabo for chiming in.

On tuning, if MAF is getting intercepted, in laymen terms, how is AFR calculated then?

Secondly, for the DT system, they mention approved tuners on their site but its very limiting; if it can be Protuned by Cobb, does this mean a tuner familiar with FF should be able to get this setup working?

MAF is not "intercepted". You are getting confused by a pass though cable that is tapping power from the MAF to power up the DT box and using the IAT signal (which is in the MAF). The MAF signal is not modified, adjusted, intercepted or interfered with in any way. The MAF works just like normal.

If the tuner is familiar with FF tuning, they can tune a DT kit.

If I had to take a stab in the dark based on the IAT explanation, I would guess that the IAT sensor becomes ignored and that signal wire to the ECU becomes the ethanol content input....then the tune reprograms the IAT fuel compensation table and converts it to a ethanol percentage table, and uses that to determine how far between the e0 fuel/ign tables and e85 fuel/ign tables to adjust those accordingly.

How close was I?

:)

Thanks Mike for clearing that up.

Keyan, that's sort of how I envisioned it after his explanation, but I get that with the ethanol % that helps the fuel side of the equation, but what about the air? Wouldn't air temps also feed into the fuel calculation as well?

Obviously I won't need to know the in depth nuance of the tuner, but fundamentally I'm still missing something here...

You lose the ability to adjust fuel due to air temp. What this means is you give up a few ponies to maintain safety over a wide range of temperatures.

The tables normally used for adjusting fuel due to temp are now used to adjust fuel due to e content. Making flex fuel work without any new tables introduced into the ECM.

If someone develops new tables (Cobb) then there will be an alternative path to FF.

Archived