LegacyGT.com

Bad odor in car after engine detail

I sprayed Gunk Foaming Engine Degreaser, rinsed with a low-pressure hose, then wiped it dry. Then sprayed CD2, ran the engine with hood down for 20 minutes, then wiped down the non-rubber parts.

The inside of the car has a bad odor, I think coming in through the vent system. I've driven it locally with windows down, but as soon as I put the windows up the odor comes right back.

I don't remember this happening before when I detailed the engine with the same products and method.

Any ideas? How long before the odor goes away?

Does P21S have a brand name and source?

Sorry I should have said Total Auto wash by P21S. Link to there website below, but you can get it on Amazon or any of the detailers websites. Note that this is not cheap stuff, but a little goes a long way and in a pinch one could use it on there wheels, wheel wells, etc.

http://www.p21s.com/products/bis_taw.html

Spray it on, let it dwell, scrub the nasty areas with a brush or wet towel...then rinse everything down. Afterwards I dry things up with my leaf blower.

Some folks like to hit the plastics with some shiny stuff but I am prefer things to have a mat finish.

Archived