LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

...I have that rear EDM bumper that I bought more than a year ago for the 06. Still in the garage. Got these folding mirrors a month ago as well. Have not even planned yet when I'll install these. Have to install the N7 and sound system in the car too.... And build the subwoofer cabinet as well. Sigh.

I won't offer you my JDM grille and chin spoilers then :lol:

I’m planning on either sending Killer B my current header/uppipe to be converted to an EWG setup or selling it and buying a new KB header/uppipe for EWG that is Swaintech coated. For an EWG I’m looking at the 38mm Tial MV-S.

Apparently the welds on the internal baffles on my KB oil pan failed so I get to see how good their warranty service is.

The guy from killer b who is always on nasioc cheekily implys other manufacturers competing parts are of sub par quality. Loves to say their welds are superior too.

So does the shop have an idea of what caused the rod knock?

I haven’t got anything definitive from them yet. I need to drop off some parts either today or tomorrow and I’ll see what they’ve found out.

Hopefully Killer B won’t be difficult about getting this pan fixed.

Did you get baffle parts in your engine, that would be such a sad / ironic way of killing it.

I think it was vibration that made the welds fail. One thing I just realized is that I didn’t send Blackstone an oil sample at all last year (previous one was done May 2016).

I went by Surgeline today and they confirmed that the oil pan failure was not the cause of the rod knock. The heads looked clear of contaminants but the pan had a “glitter bomb” in it. The oil had zero miles on it, just the run time from them diagnosing the problem. I sent a sample of the oil that was in there during the failure to Blackstone so those results will be interesting. Killer B has given me an RMA to send it back to them for warranty service so I’m going to try and get it out to them tomorrow.