LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

I seem to have lost my tactrix, however, this worked out for the better because with the help of Th3franz (i.e. he did it all), got a stage 1 tune done. It's amazing how much more efficient it is to have a tuner sit in the car with you....

OEM rack sure is vague feeling compared to the STI rack.

Looks like we're moving away from the new outback idea. I'm most likely going to get a late 90s fozzy (fingers crossed) gifted to me. We'll get rid of my outback on trade for the new legacy XT or Camry.

Her Mazda 6 will be our back up car, and then I'll get a Bronco when they come out in the spring or I'll lease a midsize truck and pack on the miles to the fozzy for my adventures.

I bet if I ran e85 in my 5thgen I could do it. On the stock turbo sat after the build 335/412 @20lbs on the built block. Going through tuning once my guy is back from vacation. On pump between larger injectors, pump, fmic and the turbo I'm shooting for ~400/450+ on pump.

I'm excited to see what it's going to do.

Hoping that's easy to see. So that's all the engine build with some head work and tmic. Stock fuel fueling and the vf54.

Biggest problem with the vf54 is it's choked on the top end. So I did +1 valves along with a custom GSC cam to open up the mid-range. Which you can see on the curve. Now with more fuel and the extra air the 20g should pull harder 5k +.

Most of the guys when they go 18 to 20 or 20 down to 18 they don't see a difference. Only in the mid. Whereas what I've done I'm hoping will compliment the 20g even better across the board. Fingers crossedefa6bf4c03562d1fe69c8d61fdb0a85d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Not too laggy though?

I now have a modified vf52 and can tell it is a bit laggier than the good ol vf40. I can imagine a 20g has to add a good amount of lag, but then it must hit pretty hard after that.

On another note, the saga has begun: purchased oil cooler, oil pump, water pump, and a bunch of other stuff. Praying for some kind of black friday coupon to snag a type RA SB. We shall see :spin:.

Actually, you can essentially buy them at the same price as the regular EJ257 right now from some dealers (~$1780+shipping). Not too bad.
Yeah, sounds right from what i've read. Never looked myself, but people mention ~$1500 for regular, ~$1800 for RA. What's shipping? $150?

Will probably need one someday. I think the reason i'm so lazy to get a compression/leakdown test is because of my fear of the results. Not that i have any issues that i know of.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Yeah, sounds right from what i've read. Never looked myself, but people mention ~$1500 for regular, ~$1800 for RA. What's shipping? $150?

Will probably need one someday. I think the reason i'm so lazy to get a compression/leakdown test is because of my fear of the results. Not that i have any issues that i know of.

Depends which dealer you select. Some will charge 100-150$, some will charge 40$! I will pick the latter obviously.

You may have seen my comp results a few weeks back. About 10-15% lower on the driver side compared to the passenger side. Interesting observation is that #2 and #4 yielded the exact same amount of compression.

Have done 2700 miles so far since last oil change, and have easily added a gallon of oil :eek:

But she runs fine even with an increased load with the vf52. No rough idle or stuff like that. No unusual amount of oil in the intake track. Can't even notice smoke at the tail pipe and stuff. :iam:

But still, it's time.

Washed it in the driveway for the first time in a while. Nice to get all the nooks and crannies and corners clean. Need to clean a few more spots though, like door jams and the tray below the windshield.

Maybe install some new wipers and vacuum it out monday.

Almost off for the rest of the year. :)

By the way, it took me a little over 2 hours to wash my car while keeping my 2 and 4 year old out of the street. :)

Edited by Flinkly
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

You're having lots of fun with your car :spin:. Didn't you reinstall the stock DP recently?

As for me, I just spent lots of $$ and bought a bunch of parts. Getting ready to change the clutch on the 06 once I get everything.

After that, change short block on the 05. Piece of cake right? :lol:

Ugh, so much drama in the OBC (out back community).

Spent all day Wednesday working on the new car, but only 90% finished. Took the car cover off the OB and put her back into service for the first time in weeks in order to pick up the kids from after school car. Did the foot to floor cranking a few times to get the oil flowing before giving spark. I do miss it's power, and the kids still love it the most. I've made zero progress in getting it ready to sell. Maybe it will stay around for the snow boarding season?

Idler pulley seized and popped off the belt. 92mile tow home from AAA since town I was in didn't have one :(.

sorry to hear. You should have been able to drive it still. That idler is only connected to the AC. I did that before for several days. Unless you're talking about the timing belt idler pulley, in which case ouch!

I've made zero progress in getting it ready to sell.

Just keep iiiiit! :spin: