LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Leave as is. Prefer the waist spoiler to the facelift garnish. Not going to touch the tails since it's my favorite style. When/if I need paint done in the future on the hatch I'm going to delete the badge on the waist spoiler. Should have had that done when the car got painted the Wind Chill Pearl but didn't think of it at the time.

[ATTACH]282787[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282788[/ATTACH]

does the hitch ever scrape on anything, been thinking of getting one.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

It did. It would scrape on the driveway (mildly steep) if I backed straight out but was fine if taking it at an angle. I hit a few parking curbs as well when backing in depending on how tall they were.

Took it off for good once we picked up a Jeep and it's just been taking up space in the garage.

It did. It would scrape on the driveway (mildly steep) if I backed straight out but was fine if taking it at an angle. I hit a few parking curbs as well when backing in depending on how tall they were.

Took it off for good once we picked up a Jeep and it's just been taking up space in the garage.

you got a pm :)

I have a hitch on my wagon and it does when I’m lowered but stock suspension I have not scraped it.

thanks! really considering a hitch , wish there was a hidden hitch option.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

I always loved this bumper with the honeycomb grill. Will this fit with the USDM fenders and hood? I don't want to do the whole swap. What is the name of this grill? Thanks.

yes - you will either need to trim the metal bumper of get the jdm one with it

yes - you will either need to trim the metal bumper of get the jdm one with it

Thank you for your response. After I reread my comment I realized I wanted to know the name of the bumper, not the grill. But I did some more research and found out the this bumper is the pre-facelift Spec B bumper. I think I would need the bumper, the JDM crash beam, headlight brackets, airdam and fender liners, plus that cool honeycomb grill. I'd like to find one with the JDM fogs already installed, since I find it takes some work to make the USDM fogs fit.

Would anyone please tell me where I can find this stuff? I found HKC Speed has the bumper and fogs, but it's not obvious if they have the rest of the parts I need. Also, I see japan parts website, but it would cost me over $3K to ship everything to PA. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your response. After I reread my comment I realized I wanted to know the name of the bumper, not the grill. But I did some more research and found out the this bumper is the pre-facelift Spec B bumper. I think I would need the bumper, the JDM crash beam, headlight brackets, airdam and fender liners, plus that cool honeycomb grill. I'd like to find one with the JDM fogs already installed, since I find it takes some work to make the USDM fogs fit.

Would anyone please tell me where I can find this stuff? I found HKC Speed has the bumper and fogs, but it's not obvious if they have the rest of the parts I need. Also, I see japan parts website, but it would cost me over $3K to ship everything to PA. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t think you need headlight brackets

I wouldn't bother with JapanParts. When I did that swap on my last car I ordered from HKC Speed but when I got my current car he wasn't responding anymore. Don't know what their situation is. Best bet is to find one from a JDM importer. I find lots of places that import JDM engines import Legacy front clips or bumpers etc. There are also some on eBay. I wanted to do that same Spec B conversion on my current 05 lgt wagon again but because I couldn't find one, I ended up doing a full rev d-f conversion because I got a front clip for a good price. It was a hell of a lot more work and I wouldn't suggest it if you don't know what you're doing but it looks fantastic.

About a month later I saw a JDM spec B bumper on ebay for about $500 so wait out and watch and you'll find them if that's what you want.

Thanks, everyone for your replies and great advise. I will keep all of this in mind. I have two importers I found. MD JDM Motors, Inc. and J-Spec Auto Parts. They're websites mostly show WRX and Forester front clips, but I'll call and see if they can source the parts for me. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to do front clip conversion for 08, need diamond gray metallic but honestly if I could just just the fenders and everything underneath I figure I could repaint the radiator support if I even wanted to. I'd reuse my hood as my understanding is the usdm hood is the same? I want to get honeycomb grill too if possible but my plans are to do the k2gear Reiz front bumper and possibly some damd fenders. Seems you can't just buy everything without the panels though from what I've found.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Was this the carbon lip that was on the auctions for a little bit?

bought from a friend in jpn who had a totalled s402. he's slow to cough up parts. tough as hell to find them in good condition. his was stored for the last 6 years, so it's in mint condition.

Edited by 05MNLGT