LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I pulled a tesla model 3 out of the sand in front of my daughters school this afternoon. Definitely get the awd if you get one, lol.

On a completely unrelated note, I may need a new clutch sooner than i was hoping. But in any case i didnt expect it to last too long.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
You know what really makes the LGT feel fast? Driving a Crosstrek CVT for a month. Definitely had one of those "oops, I'm going 80" moments on the on ramp this morning.

My "makes the LGT feel fast" car is an old 80's diesel auto trans Mercedes.

Makes a Crosstrek feel like an LGT!

So, what happened to to forum? I thought I clicked the wrong button this afternoon.
Do you mean the lack of action here? Seems to come in spurts now, maybe on life support soon, maybe some new owners will start showing up since its tax season.

the GT is at a weird point, it's too old to have any buzz from the major tuners, and it's still a bit too expensive to have the cheap tuners in on it, not to mention that it's a relatively rare car...sooner rather than later there's really going to be no aftermarket support, and that's sad. Edited by creep_nu
english is hard

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any good places to look for wheel options for the LGT, aside from the Tire Rack?

If you add the spacers to convert to 5x114.3 (WRX, STI, ect) that will open up more options. But then, you would have to be comfortable with spacers.

If you add the spacers to convert to 5x114.3 (WRX, STI, ect) that will open up more options. But then, you would have to be comfortable with spacers.
Nothing wrong with this route, but be prepared to remove the spacers before taking it in for recalls or service. Most shops wont deal with spacers.

Does anyone have any good places to look for wheel options for the LGT, aside from the Tire Rack?

Fitmentindustries.com

Gives you the ability to search by the most specific parameters of any wheel selling site I've ever seen, and have an absolutely huge selection of wheels to choice from. They also have a full selection of tires available and just as many search parameters for them, and offer wheel+tire packages along with some pre-delivery extras like ceramic coating.

Damn, thanks Humble! That place looks great and they have a showroom about an hour north of me. I will go up sometime next week and see if I can check out the wheels in person. I think I found a couple sets I like.:)

What's everyone up to with Covid going around? Working from home until at least April 7th, and moved into my new house on the 13th (feels like yesterday). Got so many projects around every corner, the car has been neglected. Trying to clear the garage so I can get some pics and park both vehicles in it.

Once this craziness calms down, if anyone in the Virginia area has a mini excavator they want to let me borrow, lmk! lmao

We are still working, just keeping our distance and sanitizing things. We are an "essential business" since we are a railroad parts supplier. My wife works at a bank and they shut down the lobby last week. So it's drive through only. We also got a new Lab puppy on Friday.

On the GT front, all of the suspension parts have arrived minus the rear struts. They are on back order.

What's everyone up to with Covid going around? Working from home until at least April 7th, and moved into my new house on the 13th (feels like yesterday). Got so many projects around every corner, the car has been neglected. Trying to clear the garage so I can get some pics and park both vehicles in it.

Once this craziness calms down, if anyone in the Virginia area has a mini excavator they want to let me borrow, lmk! lmao

Well considering I'm a Senior in High School, I'm stuck at home playing video games and watching movies lol :spin:

i'm in an essential job with a rock quarry, and it's only me and the cats at home, so nothing's really changed. bored that i can't go out and do anything at night or over the weekends, but aside from that here we are. don't have any parts or anything else I need for the car, maintenance is up to date. Got some yardwork to do, but with all the rain it's been making it difficult.

I’m a fed so we’re teleworking and taking turns having one person in the ofc. After my next turn we’re heading to the WV mountains where I’m going to futz with the LGT in the garage. Also, home schooling the kiddo each day. Apparently they’ve changed math. Have had to google some terms. For 3rd grade math. WTF?

I got bumped up to essential (Government). Working onsite making sure the Hospital and LAB's are running functional. While most all non-essential are teleworking till May 1 (I'm mad).

My wife is teleworking at home for about a month now but she just gave her (2) weeks notice in and going to a different company on April 6 with huge pay increase, more teleworking (95%) and some traveling. My 19 month old son is getting angry being stuck in the house. I take him out for a drive, when I get home after I do laundry and shower.

I suppose to be on a family cruise on March 29 for 7 days from NY to the Bahamas. Got canceled (I had insurance) because I was ordered not to leave from the State Department and the National Institute of Health.

Edited by amusa