LegacyGT.com

Headlight Cutoff Problem

Theres something wrong with the beam pattern on my 05 legacy. Currently has Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in it. Should I swap bulbs to see if it changes? It has a weird dark spot and you can clearly see theres a missing light when driving.

9Eay876l.jpg

Yes, switch left and right. If it's not the bulb then there is either an issue with your lens maybe condensation (since it looks like its been raining in that pic) or reflectors are melting which I doubt.

I did run HID's a few years ago, I wonder if that caused issues

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Notorious, swap bulbs and see if it moves. If it doesn't move then you definitely got something inside of your drivers headlight.

I took my headlights apart after I bought my LGT (2009, bought it in 2018) there was sand and crap all inside of the housing (makes me think it was flooded at one point) after I got everything apart, I noticed the finish on all of the reflectors were chipping and no longer having that mirror effect. So I refurbished all of the reflectors, sand blasted and repainted. They still aren't the greatest but they are by far better than what they were when I bought it.

In your case, I hope its just the bulbs!

My replacement TYC’s definitely don’t have the OEM beam spread and also have that little rectangular shaped light that projects above that main beam spread, (you can really see it when you park in front of a wall). The OEM headlight were just so god awful expensive that I just couldn’t bring myself to shell out for them