LegacyGT.com

Rear Springs!!!

I hate how soft the rear is on my 08 OBXT.

I know they make stiffer springs for them. I am wondering if anyone has them and how they like them also what type of weight they carry around. Ive had well over 600 lbs in the back of my car "bump stop was being abused"

I priced everything out for new. struts top mounts and billows front and rear with stiffer rear springs. I found tein Basic coil overs for just a little bit more then KYB replacement stuff

The Tein coil overs are 336lbs springs

Does anyone know what the factory spring rate is?

Not sure about the OEM spring rate but wanted to give a thumbs up on my Rallitek springs. The are the stock height version with KYB Excel G struts. The matched rears rears come 0.4 higher than OEM. Ralliteks are about 20% stiffer than stock and about 15% softer than the King springs. No sag when loaded up and tightened up the handling without being too harsh. Edited by shralp

Thanks guys, I was looking at the Rallitek stock heights with KYBs. Its just once you factor in the price of replacing the fronts its not that far off from basic coil overs. I guess I will just have to think on it for now. Again thank you for your input

Thanks guys, I was looking at the Rallitek stock heights with KYBs. Its just once you factor in the price of replacing the fronts its not that far off from basic coil overs. I guess I will just have to think on it for now. Again thank you for your input

Keep in mind that a decent entry level set of coilovers is going to run you about $1500 or more. The lesser priced ones are nothing but trouble and will fall apart quicker than you’d like. Maybe try the Rallitek “Ghost walk fix” set up that pairs new rear struts, springs, top hats. Pre assembled and ready to install. That would help your overload issue