LegacyGT.com

Uppipe labor charge

maniaxzero

• Moderators

$300 or so, maybe a bit more. Getting to *just* the UP is a pain--remove TMIC, remove turbo heatshield, remove the downpipe, undo top of UP, drop the headers / heat shields, jack the motor up, pull the UP, reinstall everything.

And you live in NYC. So rust.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

$300 or so, maybe a bit more. Getting to *just* the UP is a pain--remove TMIC, remove turbo heatshield, remove the downpipe, undo top of UP, drop the headers / heat shields, jack the motor up, pull the UP, reinstall everything.

And you live in NYC. So rust.

Yes you are definitely right. There's bound to be some rust since i'm in NYC. I called some shops and $300 sounds right around what I've been quoted.

Close BMB here AZP's price from the website,

http://azpinstalls.com/web/index.php/services/upgrades/powerandexhaust

I used them, they also spot welded the heat shield so it wouldn't rattle in the future

Thanks I'll check it out. Did they replace all the gaskets for you too?

Let us know if we can help. We always replace the gaskets (or use the new ones you provide) with our installs. It's a good precaution to do that.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

If i were you.. id hold off until you can get a tiny build together. Or even just maybe a downpipe as well as the uppipe. (Then tune of course) That way the $300 for labor is worth it. That way it'd be more worth it.

It does work out better to do multiple items together. UP though can be done stand-alone, once you do DP you are in for the Tune/AP/Etc which adds to the cost.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• Moderators
It does work out better to do multiple items together. UP though can be done stand-alone, once you do DP you are in for the Tune/AP/Etc which adds to the cost.

True, but if you're going to do it eventually the labor saved more than pays for an etune and nearly pays for a v2 AP nowadays.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived