LegacyGT.com

While you're in there...

With my a/f trims seeing constant +10's, the time has come for me to replace the aging vacuum lines with a silicone kit I picked up a few years back from Free Range racing.

I'll also be replacing the:

Turbo inlet

IM gaskets

Throttle body/ IM gasket

Looking for advice on things to look for and replace while I have the manifold off.

With my a/f trims seeing constant +10's, the time has come for me to replace the aging vacuum lines with a silicone kit I picked up a few years back from Free Range racing.

I'll also be replacing the:

Turbo inlet

IM gaskets

Throttle body/ IM gasket

Looking for advice on things to look for and replace while I have the manifold off.

Are you tuned?

Easy time to replace Pcv and check/clean ocv.

Delete the TGV and also do the air pump(if your car has one)delete while you’re there.

This is also a great time to swap injectors/rails/turbo/bcs/downpipe/fuel pump ;)

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Enabling activated! Haha thanks for the tips

Yes 06 5eat wagon Cryotuned with a Jmp custom vf40.

Replaced pcv 20k mi ago

New ocvs 10k mi ago

Professionally cleaned the stock injectors about the same time

No airpump

Aftermarket up pipe and turbo back.

With 130k on the clock I've done a lot of pre-maintence to keep her running well. I'm pretty satisfied with the power levels at the moment and would like to run this motor like this until it blows. Just looking for things that may be leaking (or about to leak) so I can eliminate them while it's easy to reach.

The fuel rail crossover in the front looks pretty rusty...not sure how easy that will be to swap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been on the tune for a few years now and don't have any issues with the car at the moment. I typically drive with my ap running to monitor and have noticed my a/f trims getting up to the +10's and not coming down below 5. It's taken a year or two to go from the 0-5 range to the current 5-10 I'm seeing. I haven't smoke tested, but assume it's the vacuum lines slowly leaking.

I will definitely consider a re tune after I get everything swapped to silicone and with a new turbo inlet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk