1. 1. What's your gas mileage?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
My average is 15.6mpg City. I only do city driving to and from work. Hardly do highway! I will be making a trip to California this Christmas. Hoping I get some great MPG. My tank is getting me 190-200 miles.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16MPG for me. I think it depends on where you live. I once reset my trip when going on a long journey, lots of long roads and going back and forth from that journey netted me 19.9 mpg under heavy foot driving. Edited by JMLegacy

It depends on a whole load of things; tire inflation, tire alignment, extra weight in the car, whether the road is wet or dry, air temperature, air humidity, gasoline blend (winter gas is less efficient), your particular state's blend, how much ethanol is in the gas (ethanol is bad for mileage, with 33% less energy per gallon), how much more power the engine can make than you need for cruising, minute differences in your car's manufacturing, how the car's been treated and cared for, how much is stop-and-go driving and how much is highway cruising, and probably biggest of all is driving style (for equal makes and models).

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...