LegacyGT.com

KW Coilovers - Variant 1

Naseem

Hi Guys,

2011 Legacy GT

With a TBE done and front brakes upgrade, its time to look at changing the "bouncy" stock suspension. My local recommendations got me looking at the KW Variant 1. Does any1 have any take on this?

Thanks

I have 16 way adjustables and they might as well be 4 way adjustable. Now I have them set if probably only change them if I went to a track, maybe had a big load in the back.

A top quality set of coilovers that aren't adjustable, like KW, are a better choice than worse quality adjustables IMO. Having said that I've only driven in my car with the stock bilsteins and the coilovers.

I know a couple of people with KW variant 3 and they say they're fantastic.

KW V1 = non adjustable

KW V2 = rebound adjustable only

KW V3 = compression and rebound adjustable

rebound damping controls the speed of the spring as it "rebounds" after being compressed

compression damping controls the speed of the spring as it compresses

being able to adjust rebound allows you to adjust the pitch and roll characteristics of the vehicle to your preference, and also allows a more finite adjustment if you change to different spring rates.

Hi guys. Thanx for the replies and info. I am told KW V1 is just height adjustable only. The rebound and compression is fixed at what they think is optimum for the car. I may just choose this coilover as they are quite expensive but come highly recommended. The V3 is out my budget at this moment and I dont think I would go so hardcore with the car as its still a daily.

Any other comments before I commit to buy would be greatly appreciated!

We have installed a bunch of RCE Springs on the 2010+ Legacies and they really make the car ride nicely even on stock struts. Depending on what you are looking to do you may get away significantly less expensive that route with a very nice ride to boot.

We never suggest Coilovers unless you are looking for a specific drop amount or are actually racing the car.

-Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/141039922.jpg%5Dhttp://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Thanks for the suggestion Spec B. Think my guns on the KW-V1 tho.

I'd rather go the Coilover route to get some drop on the car. I like the thought of the KW-HLS kit. I might end up racing the car in a year or so. So might as well get closer to where I want it from now.

I have V2s on my wifes 06 spec b, and there amazing. I would highly suggest spending more cash and getting atleast the v2's. Nothing worse then spending the cash and not being able to adjust the damping and being stuck with one ride setting. Especially if your gonna "race" the car".

Here v2's literally ride better then the swifts and stock bilsteins, and the car sits about .5 -.75" lower now. IF your local guy can only get v1 or v3 then go elsewhere for v2's. or ball out on v3's lol

Congrats; I'm sure you'll be very happy. I think you would have been perfectly happy with the V1's, as well. I love love love the V2's I've had on my car for 5 years now. I installed them, made one small adjustment to the dampening, and then haven't touched them at all.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

• 7 months later...

Archived