LegacyGT.com

USB Music File Structure/Naming Help

Got to try the voice command stuff today! I use Sirius, have a disk in at all times and about 500 songs on USB. I manually go through the USB folder which can be distracting. I am definitely going to try genre and artist and see what happens. Lots of blues and rock. I won't be saying "play Beatles". lol but to each his own. If it responds to "play SRV" or "play The King" it would be a hoot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blues and The Beatles can co-exist on the same USB... :)

I suppose in theory that is possible, but my Beatles seems to stay on vinyl never making it to the car while the Blues goes everywhere

Got to try the voice command stuff today! I use Sirius, have a disk in at all times and about 500 songs on USB. I manually go through the USB folder which can be distracting. I am definitely going to try genre and artist and see what happens. Lots of blues and rock. I won't be saying "play Beatles". lol but to each his own. If it responds to "play SRV" or "play The King" it would be a hoot.

I really need to make more use of the voice commands. The legacy recognition is so much better than my last car. For tagging, are there any recommendations beyond MP3TAG mentioned above?

So I tried it and for the most part it worked. First couple requests got me radio stations. Then I said "Play composer Steely Dan". I got Stephen Tyler lol (slightly different). Then I tried the genre stuff and told it to play genre blues and bigger than heck it went to my USB and sorted out blues tracks and off we went. Might be a useful I think...

So I tried it and for the most part it worked. First couple requests got me radio stations. Then I said "Play composer Steely Dan". I got Stephen Tyler lol (slightly different). Then I tried the genre stuff and told it to play genre blues and bigger than heck it went to my USB and sorted out blues tracks and off we went. Might be a useful I think...

The answer is so simple.

Just say ... "Blues" then "BB King" then never change anything ever again :lol:

• 2 years later...

Hey all, I finally know why I couldn't get my HU to play all my USB songs (800 in one folder).

So I know made folders with 250 of each song.

Question: Is there a way for shuffle to work across all folders or is it singularly PER folder?

Thanks