LegacyGT.com

B8 Audi S4

tallguylehigh

Yet another potential Legacy replacement/competitor

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/20/audi-s4-to-get-330-hp-biturbo-3-0l-tfsi-v6/

Audi S4 to get 330-HP biturbo 3.0L TFSI V6

Audi is returning to turbos in a big way lately. Look no further for proof than the RS6 Avant sporting a twin-turbo V10 producing 510 HP. The smaller S4 sedan, however, hasn't been force fed since the B5 version with its biturbo 250-horsepower V6. The next two generations were powered by the brand's ubiquitous 4.2L V8 in both non-direct inject and direct-injected versions. AudiWorld has revealed that the newest B8 iteration of the S4 will return the car to turbos once again when it debuts with a biturbo 3.0L TFSI direct-inject engine producing 330 horsepower. This is significant news for a couple of reasons. For one, as AudiWorld points out, the new S4 will be far more receptive to modification than the last two generations with their naturally-aspirated V8s. Presumably it will also be more frugal with fuel than the 4.2L V8-powered S4s before it while producing almost as much power. Finally, the S4's 340 horsepower will best the BMW 335i with its 3.0L twin-turbo inline-six by some 30 horsepower. It's a small victory, but we're sure Audi will take it. Along with high-po powerplant, the B8 S4 is also expected to get Audi's vectoring quattro system that can dynamically send the twist to any wheel it wants. The previous active sport differential system could only split torque between the rear wheels. AudiWorld also reports that the new S4 will go on sale in the U.S. in late 2008, the same time as the A4. This means we should expect the S4 to debut at either the Detroit Auto Show in January or the Geneva Motor Show in March.

http://audiworld.com/news/07/b8-s4-exclusive-preview/header.jpg

Helloooo Legacy replacement.

That's the best looking Audi I've seen, period. It's even nicer than the S5. But at $20k more, it will hardly be competing directly with the Legacy, unless Subaru (cleverly) builds a flagship model well above the spec.B.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Finally, the S4's 340 horsepower will best the BMW 335i with its 3.0L twin-turbo inline-six by some 30 horsepower. It's a small victory, but we're sure Audi will take it.

Helloooo Legacy replacement.

it will still be slower than the 335i. Audi tends to stretch their numbers while BMW is conservative. And the 335i will be lighter and have less drive line loss. I would take the 135i wagon over either of them if BMW would only bring it over...

Archived