LegacyGT.com

Need help 5th gear is gone on my 06 subaru legacy

D_rock

I was driving down the thruway was driving pretty fast all most had it at the limit. Then fith gear just went was able to drive in fourth to the dealer. was not shifting hard or fast. They had told me that 5th is gone along with first. This is my problem I have added a full ehaust to the car a blow of valve and a cool air in take. Would any of my mod have done that to my gear. Please I need help to plea my case to the warrenty people have not spoken to the yet but dont want to be taken avantge of someone please help thank you.....

In theory, they have to prove that those parts caused the problem. In reality, whether or not you get warranty coverage depends on the dealer. Some are mod-friendly and not care, some will deny warranty for any mods. Good luck!
Kyle "BlackHole"

and people wonder why the service departments are dicks. You were abusing the car. own up to it. pay to play.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

1st and 5th gears gone??:eek: Yeah, probably a "synchro":rolleyes: or maybe a few too many 5,000rpm launches, I'm sure the warranty will cover it.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I do not abuse the car I put good oil and service it when needed. I only run 93 and the car is built to do those speeds. Thats why they go that fast. Why pay for it if it is covered. So if you are not here to help then leave

I do not abuse the car I put good oil and service it when needed. I only run 93 and the car is built to do those speeds. Thats why they go that fast. Why pay for it if it is covered. So if you are not here to help then leave

be sure to tell your service rep at the dealership this. hey the car is made to go fast. :lol:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

They don't know if you were doing 40 or a 140, so admit to nothing. If they ask, say you were driving along at 65mph, heard a noise, and noticed it wouldn't hold 5th.

Telling someone to commit fraud is not particularly wise, especially when there is no reason. If he has a reason to describe the situation he should do so accurately providing the information required, and nothing more or less. Under no circumstances should you lie, as you move into realms of crime far beyond what you have already done.

• 2 weeks later...
STOP, grammar time.

RaGe,

Could I use this in the future or do you have copyrights???:p

BTW - Some dealers are mod friendly. Unfortunately, many aren't even with no mods and driving like grandpa.

GL with the dealer getting this resolved.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Funny thing, if you run it into a tree all of the problems in this thread will be solved!

Yes it does but when making mod to the car it will void some of the warranty. This is the new word the guy in service called me to day to tell me my car will be ready today he all so tell me that my car is now running very rough. The ecu light is on and the code is for me mas air sencer. I have a K&N cool air intake on and a full turbo back exhaust on the car.. When I read what the perrin 3" down pipe would do is triger the ecu and make my cruise controle not work and it did, but the car allwas ran goooood untill the gears went .They are telling me that a new mas air sencer is 256.00 and it will fix it . They can not give the car back running rough can they. The service guy said that the ecu was reset when they disconected the battrey. I have not had the cars maps changed ever. What is going on I feel Like they are taking me for a rid help.

Archived