LegacyGT.com

Were all 2006 GT's turbocharged?

Hey gang,

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie out. I'm looking at a listing of what claims to be a 2006 Legacy GT Limited wagon. My research appears to tell me that all of the GTs were turborcharged 250HP 2.5 liter boxer engines. But I'm not sure if the pictures of the car bear this out. First, there is no hoodscoop, and second, I don't see an intercooler in the under the hood shot. I've attached the pic from the listing.

I'm not experienced enough to know what is inside the black box at the rear of the engine bay attached to the air intake, but a google image search for 2.5i (which I believe are not turbocharged) seems to have a similar or identical box in that location. There's always a chance the seller is fibbing that this is a GT and hoping I can't tell the difference, and I'm hoping you guys can be difference makers in that front.

Thanks again!

Subie.jpg.52623bb82b4e3fd6d3e4914e5e8cad19.jpg

Edited by SchweinHaus

Thanks for confirming. I was realllly excited about getting a good deal on the GT, but now my attitude is tempered, which is always a good thing going into a car sale. Here's the link. I'll check back in from my phone just in case somebody can say she's wrong, but this gives me some leeway to beat the seller up on the price.

Thanks,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/432371084618942/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Thanks for confirming. I was realllly excited about getting a good deal on the GT, but now my attitude is tempered, which is always a good thing going into a car sale. Here's the link. I'll check back in from my phone just in case somebody can say she's wrong, but this gives me some leeway to beat the seller up on the price.

Thanks,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/432371084618942/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Lol, the ad says GT limited sedan, but they are selling a wagon. its base model 2.5i wagon.

It has a sunroof (well, moonroof, I guess), but cloth seats with power driver's seat and single zone climate control. I believe that makes it a 2.5i Special Edition.

If I recall, all GTs in 2006 were Limited, which means leather seats, sunroof, and dual-zone climate controls. Base 2.5i didn't have a moonroof or power driver's seat, and 2.5i Limiteds had leather and dual-zone climate.

As others have said, that ad is all over the place. I think the only thing they got right is the exterior color and transmission.

Oh, and to answer the original question, yes, all 2006 GTs = turbo.

Here is a page from the 2006 dealer brochure showing the trim levels.

2048592918_Pagesfrom2006-Subaru-Legacy-brochure.thumb.jpg.5b1e7bef47166ea6aac87bd554b9d013.jpg

Edited by csaari