LegacyGT.com

5EAT TCU Reverse Engineering

utc_pyro

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I got my M32176F4V into bootmode correctly now.

Thought it would be uart tx/rx to sio1 as in the renesas manual but I dont get any response.

Tried with the sync bytes and commands like ufla32 program.

Also tried sio3 and sio0/k-line without any luck.

Think I got my M32176F4V into bootmode correctly now.

Thought it would be uart tx/rx to sio1 as in the renesas manual but I dont get any response.

Tried with the sync bytes and commands like ufla32 program.

Also tried sio3 and sio0/k-line without any luck.

Good work dude. Probably its own propitiatory code designed around the M32R chip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
More research and I believe I have found the model of the transmission. Its a jatco RE5R05A which has been used on much more then just Subaru. Apparently its been used on Nissan v6 and v8 cars and trucks. So if we look at some of the research the Nissan guys have done then we might get somewhere close.

More research and I believe I have found the model of the transmission. Its a jatco RE5R05A which has been used on much more then just Subaru. Apparently its been used on Nissan v6 and v8 cars and trucks. So if we look at some of the research the Nissan guys have done then we might get somewhere close.

I know a guy that works at Infiniti as a tech that used to work for Nissan. He's kinda gave me some info into it. Maybe I can get something helpful for you guys?

He explained to me that 5th gear is just the TC fully locked. Also, you're right, they did use it in the V6 and V8 cars.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was hoping someone here may be able to help.

I'm trying to build a racing sim with an outback gen3 Instrument Cluster. Reading through the thread it looks like some of you have been trying to reverse engineer some of the CAN messages within the vehicle.

Does anyone here have experience with the CAN messages and the body ECU it connects to?

After powering up the cluster with 12v, I was surprised to see no messages with a candump tool (I'm familiar with the CAN protocol). I tried 125kbit, and 500kbit but nothing. I assumed despite there being no ECU that it would at least still send some messages.

I tried to simulate some messages with can ID 410, and 148 but no feedback on the cluster. It's possible I need more connected than just power,ignition and can high/low.

Unfortunately I don't have an ECU so this task I'm doing may be a bit fruitless.

Anyone got any thoughts / tips?

Thanks,

Matt

• 3 years later...

Anyone still interested in this?

I have reverse engineered a good chunk of an M32R based 5EAT ROM image. ROM comms, dumping and flashing commands have been deciphered, and many tables have been located. Next step is writing some code (probably by extending FastECU) to establish comms and test ROM dumping. After that some logging to help figure out the tables of interest. And then flashing. I have a MT so I need some volunteers with an AT (5EAT) to help out. Anyone keen?

Also, it would be good to know which particular tables folks are interested in flashing. Switching tables plus what other ones?