LegacyGT.com

Looking to pull the trigger on a 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited

Hello Subaru Legacy Folks- My wife and I own a 2015 Subaru Outback Premium and we just sadly sold our 2002 Subaru Outback Limited with 154,000 miles due to head gasket issues and AC not working as well as other quirks of the model. I have found its replacement in a 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with the EYESIGHT/NAVI/HK package..

The 2013 Subaru is a 1 owner dealer serviced car owned by an older gentleman who is a traveling salesman. The car has 109,000 miles on it and it has had the 30K, 60K,and 80K services performed as well as usual maintenance.The gentleman purchased a 6 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty at the time of purchase and had the dealership address any issue during his ownership.

The car is clean for the age and mileage and has no rust or dour dings or dents. It has been involved in 2 minor fender benders and the car has been professionally repaired using OEM parts each time.There are a couple of scratches and the usual front bumper rock chips. The car does not need tires or brakes for another 30,000 miles. I would only need to replace the drive belt and idler pulley and belt tensioner at this time. It could stand a complete detailing too, but I am just OCD about the appearance of my cars.

I am looking to get 6 years and 70,000 miles out of this car with proper maintenance and care. The owner is asking $8,445 and I offered $7,500. The owner countered at $8,000 and we have agreed on $7,800. Our max budget with taxes and tags,etc... is $8750.

Is this a fair price considering age and mileage and condition? And would this be the best example of a Subaru to get to replace our 2002 Outback (we have a 7 and 3 year old and not not plan on a third kiddo) as we have a 2015 Outback and a 2006 Toyota Camry as a spare/fuel efficient full size car.

Thank you for looking,

Andrew

I’ve got the same year and model! Only have two complaints, really: the transmission is stupid and the gas mileage is less than great. Thing is, the transmission works fine. It’s just different than what I expected and am used to and, frankly, could be programmed a lot better. The mileage I can’t actually properly complain because I knew going in and there’s a price to be paid for such a big engine. An engine which is, by the way, quite the peach otherwise. It’ll definitely get out of its own way if you ask it to.

In the 10k I’ve had mine, I changed the transmission fluid and the oil, and had to replace the bearings in the serpentine belt idler and tensioner pulleys. So, nothing odd for a car with just shy of 100k on it.

It’s a nice car. I think you’ll like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering I was going to purchase a 2014 Same make and model without EYESIGHT at a Honda dealership with 105,100 miles for $10,200 plus tax and tags and also a one owner with dealer service, but not having being able to identify the actual service performed made me a bit uncomfortable. Plus the fact it was being sold "As Is", but being local I was going to do a PPI until the dealer sold the car out form under me!

The car had new brake pads all the way around and 3 new tires, please a new drive belt and the usual oil change and filer replacement.....

I picked my new to me Subu at 12PM today and already did a quick wash and wax and scored a set of gently used Weathertech floor mats locally on CL for $65.

Super excited to get this PA inspected and driven daily.

1783891820_IMG_3122(1).jpg.e8a2c19b208c91baabeef763f9f9fee6.jpg

Edited by GFINE

A tune from XRT will fix the “stupid” transmission. [emoji6]

That’s what they tell me, but it’s pretty hard to justify throwing $500 at Ed and $200 at a cable when the thing works, just not as well as it ought to.

That’s what they tell me, but it’s pretty hard to justify throwing $500 at Ed and $200 at a cable when the thing works, just not as well as it ought to.

FYI you can buy a used cable. I bought one for my 2.5i and sold it 4 years later for the same price I paid for it. It doesn't help you with the $500 e-tune.

nice, I was thinking of legacy 3.6R before I got my outback...but I needed the ability to carry larger items in my trunk so I settled for a 2010 3.6R

I was too, but the 2013 Outback 3.6 sold while I was debating the Outback 3.6 (Leather/HK/Heated Seats) and a fully loaded Legacy 3.6 (14 and finally buying my 13)....my wife has a 15 Outback so perhaps the best of both worlds!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Subaru Legacy Folks- My wife and I own a 2015 Subaru Outback Premium and we just sadly sold our 2002 Subaru Outback Limited with 154,000 miles due to head gasket issues and AC not working as well as other quirks of the model. I have found its replacement in a 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with the EYESIGHT/NAVI/HK package..

The 2013 Subaru is a 1 owner dealer serviced car owned by an older gentleman who is a traveling salesman. The car has 109,000 miles on it and it has had the 30K, 60K,and 80K services performed as well as usual maintenance.The gentleman purchased a 6 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty at the time of purchase and had the dealership address any issue during his ownership.

The car is clean for the age and mileage and has no rust or dour dings or dents. It has been involved in 2 minor fender benders and the car has been professionally repaired using OEM parts each time.There are a couple of scratches and the usual front bumper rock chips. The car does not need tires or brakes for another 30,000 miles. I would only need to replace the drive belt and idler pulley and belt tensioner at this time. It could stand a complete detailing too, but I am just OCD about the appearance of my cars.

I am looking to get 6 years and 70,000 miles out of this car with proper maintenance and care. The owner is asking $8,445 and I offered $7,500. The owner countered at $8,000 and we have agreed on $7,800. Our max budget with taxes and tags,etc... is $8750.

Is this a fair price considering age and mileage and condition? And would this be the best example of a Subaru to get to replace our 2002 Outback (we have a 7 and 3 year old and not not plan on a third kiddo) as we have a 2015 Outback and a 2006 Toyota Camry as a spare/fuel efficient full size car.

Thank you for looking,

Andrew

I have an intake available for you if interested. Will help with the gas mileage, provide a nice sound when accelerating and some eye candy to the engine bay. PM me if you have any questions.

"Working" isnt the right description, $500 "transforms" is more apt. You get better power, better control and the trans is fixed. Not to mention if you start adding bolt ons you get a car that can beat a STi. (my cars crank is 330/375, the dyno had the wheel at 216/232 which a 17 sti dynod 215/205 on it)

If you want 3.6R advice and TONs of details, look at the 3.6R sticky

Yes thats a good price. These cars last 300k with normal maintannce.

The only issues in my 110k of ownership is:

1) serpentine belt and tensioner/idler pulleys went. <-- you lose power steering and A/C but it doesnt damage the motor when they go

2) PVC leaks occur periodically, its a $15 part.

Aside from that, they don't break.

Edited by Golferdude1087