LegacyGT.com

Help in installing an aftermarket temperature gauge

Hello guys.

I havent posted recently here.

Since I owned the car I'm struggling to identify what is the engine temperature. As you may know there's no temp gauge on the dashboard, therefore I decided to instal an aftermarket one, with an aluminium hose adapter for the temp sensor. Probably will buy a 2.5" Greddy one.

Before purchasing it I want to know what is the inside diameter of the upper hose that goes into the radiator. The hose adapter is sold in different diameter sizes ( 28MM/30MM/32MM/34MM/36MM/38MM/40MM ) and I want to purchase the proper one.

The car is 2010 2.5i version.

Anyone who already did that is welcomed to share some tips and pics.

Thank you in advance.

FLlegacy, Alexmed2002, sometimes the solution is simple, but you are somehow obstructed to see it from the first glance.

Thank you for the suggestion. The link you provided is exactly what I would need. I will go that way.

FLlegacy, Alexmed2002, sometimes the solution is simple, but you are somehow obstructed to see it from the first glance.

Thank you for the suggestion. The link you provided is exactly what I would need. I will go that way.

Hahahaha no problem. I put mine towards the top left of my dashboard, and it looks great. If you buy the same one I linked, make sure to go through the settings on it and calibrate the settings to match your car (For Example: How many Liters your car has).

how's the refresh resolution on those guys? i've been meaning to get something to monitor boost and water temp on my GT, but if it's going to be relatively slow refresh like Torque with a bluetooth dongle, it's not going to be useful for me.

how's the refresh resolution on those guys? i've been meaning to get something to monitor boost and water temp on my GT, but if it's going to be relatively slow refresh like Torque with a bluetooth dongle, it's not going to be useful for me.

From what I read up on the reviews of the guage that I linked, it's not good for monitoring boost (it may still be able to). I use it myself, for the Oil & Water Temp and it is super accurate. From the second it's on until I turn the car off, it's great for everything.