LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I’m a fed so we’re teleworking and taking turns having one person in the ofc. After my next turn we’re heading to the WV mountains where I’m going to futz with the LGT in the garage. Also, home schooling the kiddo each day. Apparently they’ve changed math. Have had to google some terms. For 3rd grade math. WTF?
The focus is more on concepts instead of memorization. Good on you for taking the time to help your kid(s) out. No shame in admitting it, I am in college for engineering and still have to look up terms and concepts to help my 1st grader. But I tell you what, breaking down numbers to 10s and 1s is a brilliant approach over fact tables.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The focus is more on concepts instead of memorization. Good on you for taking the time to help your kid(s) out. No shame in admitting it, I am in college for engineering and still have to look up terms and concepts to help my 1st grader. But I tell you what, breaking down numbers to 10s and 1s is a brilliant approach over fact tables.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ugh I hate fact tables, I still somewhat remember learning them, and it sucked to say the least.

Shit really got real in my house this week. My wife is in medical residency and they are re-deploying nearly everyone from her program to emergency medicine. Including attending physicians who have been working in specialized fields for years. It's a complete cluster in hospitals right now, folks. And from everything I've seen, we aren't even near the peak impact on our healthcare system yet.

Stay safe out there.

I have been busy working from home for about 2 weeks now. The kids are off until May 4th. My GF has taken a ~$300 week pay cut until her work reopens, but we aren't spending any money on anything but essentials, so it probably doesn't make much a difference.

I have been working long days to get myself ahead and potentially promoted next year. At the very least I am making a case to keep my job incase of layoffs. My company didn't have layoff in 2008 partially because my position takes about 2 years to be profitable for the company and 5 years to become efficient and skilled. I am not naïve to think that I am immune to a layoff.

I have been staying home and only going out to the grocery store and for walks with my GF and sometime the kids. I have slowly putting my Legacy GT project back together on the weekends. I am going to start yard work and get my boat ready soon (it probably just needs one day of cleaning and a spring tune up) as the weather gets nicer. I would like to get my other boat from dad's house, but I never registered the boat and trailer after buying it last fall. That boat needs a tune up, carbs rebuilt, fix the front seat and undo console mod the prior owner did and the normal spring cleaning so I wish I had that one to work on.

Financially, my 2012 Legacy GT should be paid off in May, so I will have no more loans beside my mortgage. I may refinance that to a lower interest rate and term as well, but I think the rates aren't as low as they should be due the demand of refinances. I am going to wait for the rates to drop further.

I also had some money put aside for investing in the stock market. I wasn't expecting a world wide pandemic like the coronavirus, but I was expecting at least a stock market correction so I have in position to invest. I am just trying to wait for the right time to put the rest of my money in the market. I have been watching the number of coronavirus cases as well in regards to stock market timing.

Really hoping for some warmer weather for outdoor work. Started organizing my new garage space for the gym. I have a lot of plans for the gym and car workshop on the left half of the garage.. unfortunately putting them on hold til this all passes and i get the basement/crawl space work done first.

http://img.nasioc.com/i/eFHfR.jpghttp://img.nasioc.com/i/eFzrE.jpghttp://img.nasioc.com/i/eFQZr.jpg

I have been busy working from home for about 2 weeks now. The kids are off until May 4th. My GF has taken a ~$300 week pay cut until her work reopens, but we aren't spending any money on anything but essentials, so it probably doesn't make much a difference.

I have been working long days to get myself ahead and potentially promoted next year. At the very least I am making a case to keep my job incase of layoffs. My company didn't have layoff in 2008 partially because my position takes about 2 years to be profitable for the company and 5 years to become efficient and skilled. I am not naïve to think that I am immune to a layoff.

I have been staying home and only going out to the grocery store and for walks with my GF and sometime the kids. I have slowly putting my Legacy GT project back together on the weekends. I am going to start yard work and get my boat ready soon (it probably just needs one day of cleaning and a spring tune up) as the weather gets nicer. I would like to get my other boat from dad's house, but I never registered the boat and trailer after buying it last fall. That boat needs a tune up, carbs rebuilt, fix the front seat and undo console mod the prior owner did and the normal spring cleaning so I wish I had that one to work on.

Yup as another person from Mass, the schools getting canceled kind of sucks on my part. I'm a senior that needs one more credit (english class) to graduate, and the next month being canceled worries me to say the least....

Yup as another person from Mass, the schools getting canceled kind of sucks on my part. I'm a senior that needs one more credit (english class) to graduate, and the next month being canceled worries me to say the least....

I am sure the government will figure something out by waving or relaxing the rules. The school system isn't set up and likely doesn't have the space, money & teachers to have a large population of HS seniors make up classes next year. Senior year isn't the worst place to be stuck either, you could out of work and dealing with bills.

I am sure the government will figure something out by waving or relaxing the rules. The school system isn't set up and likely doesn't have the space, money & teachers to have a large population of HS seniors make up classes next year. Senior year isn't the worst place to be stuck either, you could out of work and dealing with bills.

Yah that is true. Maybe they'll just graduate us lol

I'm still working currently too. I'm the store manager of two pizza chain restaurants. Sales wise we're pretty close to last year. With everyone being cautious about eating out and everywhere being carryout/delivery only, it's been pretty much norm. Hardest part right now it just keeping everyone up on sanitation and dealing with calloffs and filling spots temporarily. I don't foresee a shutdown of restaurants so we just have to ride this out. We went on a mass grocery shop about two weeks ago and I've literally been nowhere else since except once to the gas station. I've only been to work and back. I spent some time just chilling, playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'm pretty sure I caught it but given my symptoms, they were so mild that I never got checked out (Ohio is saving COVID-19 tests for critical patients) I came down with a dry cough (not continuous), feeling feverish (not measurable on the thermometer) and fatigue for a few days. The symptoms bounced around a lot. Also had some mild sinus drainage and then a sinus headache for 3 days off and on. I seem to be fine now. I haven't had a dry cough in two days or any other symptom. Today I felt like I had normal energy. Went out, picked up the yard, did some sanding on a walnut slab table I'm making, felt like a normal day for once.

Honestly think the worse thing about all this is just the unknowing. Economy is taking a blow. I'm thankful my job is still going through this. My girlfriend is an xray technician and although they've been very slow lately, she's still working. I very well believe this started making its rounds much earlier than March and just wasn't tested for back then. I'm hoping I'm right and most of us are immune at this point and the curve can start moving it's way back down. I couldn't imagine working in the hospitals right now. The true heroes, for real.

Be safe out there guys.

Oh, on a side note. Fingers crossed, when that nice stimulus package comes out, next month I'll be able to pay off the Legacy finally. I can't wait.

Edited by Timothy.B

Oh, on a side note. Fingers crossed, when that nice stimulus package comes out, next month I'll be able to pay off the Legacy finally. I can't wait.

I always do my taxes pretty early, so I'm extra salty about this lol I almost doubled my income from 2018 to 2019, so now my wife and I don't qualify. Not a "bad" thing I suppose... but mo' money is always nice! Especially living in an expensive area and just buying a house.. and having a kid in July. Life doesn't always care about income. I feel like there is a much better mathematical calculation than a blanket income level across the entire US. Just lame knowing that if I procrastinated another month, I'd have a couple extra Gs! Another reinforcement to procrastinate. :rolleyes:

Dropped my car off for the brake and re-airbag recalls. They loaned me the new Ascent so they can take their time with my car while I enjoy this lol. Too bad I can’t show it off and drive around to places since everything is basically closed.

On the way home though, a neighbor tossed out a telescope! A Celestron nextstar with electronic swivel and auto star locator! Luckily (and embarrassingly) he caught me picking it up. I asked him what was wrong with it and he said something about the software and it’s old. I knew nothing about scopes, but 5 minutes on YouTube and I got this thing working!

Edited by ibr_adam09

Financially, my 2012 Legacy GT should be paid off in May, so I will have no more loans beside my mortgage. I may refinance that to a lower interest rate and term as well, but I think the rates aren't as low as they should be due the demand of refinances. I am going to wait for the rates to drop further.

I also had some money put aside for investing in the stock market. I wasn't expecting a world wide pandemic like the coronavirus, but I was expecting at least a stock market correction so I have in position to invest. I am just trying to wait for the right time to put the rest of my money in the market. I have been watching the number of coronavirus cases as well in regards to stock market timing.

You win some and lose some.

- My legacy paid off in a year and half.

- My truck that I bought back in October is almost paid off.

- I pulled all my money out of the stock market once I heard Coronavirus and bought a few shares from United State Steel for $3.15 a share. It's being steady at $5.72 now. If I do make any money on the steel shares. I'm going to transfer it to my son account.

Edited by amusa

- I pulled all my money out of the stock market once I heard Coronavirus and bought a few shares from United State Steel for $3.15 a share. It's being steady at $5.72 now. If I do make any money on the steel shares. I'm going to transfer it to my son account.

I typically just let my investments ride it out (still hodl'ing some crytpo lmao). I did reallocate my 401k portfolio back in Feb though. I find that's a little less risky in terms of timing markets. However, I happened to luck out by needing to take out a 401k loan for my mortgage downpayment... As it stands, I'm going to make money on my loan :lol: Finances are a curious thing. It's a lot of work to keep up with it, which is why this year I think I'm going to finally hire someone.

Buying a house in NoVa is no joke. Not the insanity of NYC or what appears to be most of the west coast now, but still absurdly expensive.

yall need to move a couple hours south down to richmond. after i moved out of fairfax i will never ever go back, except to visit my folks. hell, for the price of a decent house in nova you can buy the better part of a mansion down here

There are areas around us here in Central Fl that are still reasonable, but with wages as low as they are that is expected. Moving close to any of the metro areas though is extremely pricey. A $150k home near me would be double or triple that just moving northeast of southwest 20-30 miles, I am constantly amazed how much people will pay for a roof over their head. We bought almost 20 years ago and I don't foresee us moving any time soon.

Gah, I forgot about my 401k. I think it's the same as when I started it a few years ago. Moderately aggressive. I was figuring when the cars paid off, I'll start adding more towards it a month. We bought our house back in 2018. We may refinance too.

Im also not ready for the grass to be growing. Spring time here at least , grows like mutant grass or something. Gotta go out every 4 days. We're talking about adding mulch to the flower beds, too. And I've got a cedar wood lattice I told her I would build. Why do I do these things to myself. :confused: Haha

Ok who is this!

I am sure their more to this story than this. It looks like the bike is trying to block the Legacy driver. I am not excusing the actions of the Legacy driver, but sometime you have to be smart.

You can be right but dead or back down from your righteousness and live for another day.

No one in the 5th gen section :D

It looks to me like the leggy wasn't even paying attention when he tried to get over and didn't see the biker. And maybe thought the biker was the one speeding up the left lane and stopped merging expecting the bike to just blow by. But instead they ended up driving next to each other closely for a bit. The leggy driver was probably shouting "GO!" (has happened to me where its clear and then an idiot tries blowing by everyone and shows up right in my mirror or worse, my window). This is probably best case scenario for the leggy driver, which still isn't a good look as they clearly weren't paying attention.

The worst case is that prior interaction occurred, and no matter who was being an asshole, you don't run a motorcycle off the road on purpose.