LegacyGT.com

Air conditioning blowing “cool” air

So i bought my first Subaru (2010 subaru Legacy 2.5GT Turbo limited 6 spd mt )in January , didnt need ac then .

Here recently i was playing with it to make sure it works for this summer ( it gets hot / humid here in Ar) turned it on and let it run for a few minutes and checked on it .

Its blowing cool air at max cold !! Ive checked the charge , its fully charged ( checked it with the proper gauges) i even took it to a professional to make sure i wasnt reading it wrong .its not flowing properly , it will not equalize , at all !

Popped the hood ,my a.c. Clutch spins constantly even after i shut off the a.c.( is this normal?) whent to check the relay under the hood for my ac and there wasnt one , its not wired up to the slot under the hood , where else could it be?

Could the culprit be my TXV ?

Im at a loss , i cant afford to take it in to have it replaced , so ill be doing all the work myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The A/C compressor does spin constantly like you're seeing, it's a variable-displacement unit rather than a traditional clutched fixed-displacement unit. It'll always spin, but it'll de-stroke when it's not needed.

Look for the 2010 vacation pics on the forum and those should be a big help to you to figure this out. There is a step by step procedure by Subaru to diagnose the system, both electrical and mechanical.

I cannot seem to find this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
This type of problem happens sometimes. When I was in Dubai then I faced this same problem. I couldn't fix the problem. Then I contacted ac maintenance in Dubai and then they fixed this problem. Edited by cww516

With the ac running on full cold, is the low pressure line cold? Check from the compressor to the expansion valve. Do the fans run? It SOUNDS like the compressor may be bad. The clutchless compressors are a whole new ballgame as far as diagnosing goes. Can you access ac data with a scan tool?