LegacyGT.com

Wiring question

Finally replaced the battery in my 2012 2.5 but when I put the new battery on the tray I caught a wire and snapped a connection. I have no idea where the connection is supposed to go. It looked like it went toward the light assembly but have no idea. Any insight would be appreciated.

7c216a63b1e36a7b35a1057d07422d49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its broken wire from your hood opener switch. Its visible on your picture right next to the headlight bracket.
You mean the hood switch for what looks like an alarm system or remote start? Definitely could be it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s a hood switch for the Astro Start, and completely unnecessary as the automatic start still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What its supposed to do is close the switch when the hood is open. The closed switch shows as a ground to the remote starter and disables the start sequence. Its to protect someone working under the hood of the car from being injured if the car is remote started while they are under there.

If thats what it is, if you ground the wire to your negative battery post and try and remote start it, the remote start should be disabled. The reason it still works is the wire is loose and not grounded, it thinks the hood is closed.

If you can ... put the wire back together. It should attach to the underside of the switch. Bad things can happen to you or someone you love or you could accidentally start it mid oil change, etc.