LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Yea in Europe you're required to have a red rear fog lamp. It's usually down in the bumper because that makes sense but for some dumb reason subaru put in on board the reverse lamp.

http://www.booboodog.net/images/legacy-rear-fog.jpg

So you can actually wire it to do both on the usdm models. I do see some pictures where it's on the driver side not the passenger side, so maybe edm is driver and jdm is passenger and I can mix and match to get both.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/http://s43.radikal.ru/i100/0901/f3/cf470a616aa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened recently enough, let's just call it today, yeah? :lol:

So I am on my way back home (150mi trip) and half way back on a two-lane highway in the middle of no where, I hear a POP. Every time I give the car a little throttle I hear a not-so-comforting noise. I'm extremely worried at this point that something got caught in the belt or something more major has happened. I limp the car another two miles to a gas station, and upon stepping out of the car I smell something awful.

MELTED PLASTIC! YES! I immediately exclaimed. I was so relieved to see that it was just the front part of my inner fender liner (passenger side). The winds were strong that day, and they came under the car and snagged my fender liner (It wasn't secured in the first place. I had taken off the front bumper so many time and broke a clip every time I did so. I just need to execute the decision to go pay the stealership $5 for every clip down there.)

I took out my knife and cut the very front of the fender liner out. So now I need to go get a new one.

Another good example of do everything right the first time. I was lazy and didn't secure it properly. Not a big deal, but you can take something away from it.

IMG_2230-min.thumb.JPG.9d1a69ec87b0798aa8cc1b528da48720.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Yea in Europe you're required to have a red rear fog lamp. It's usually down in the bumper because that makes sense but for some dumb reason subaru put in on board the reverse lamp.

http://www.booboodog.net/images/legacy-rear-fog.jpg

So you can actually wire it to do both on the usdm models. I do see some pictures where it's on the driver side not the passenger side, so maybe edm is driver and jdm is passenger and I can mix and match to get both.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/http://s43.radikal.ru/i100/0901/f3/cf470a616aa8.jpg

I've never looked, but it doesn't sound like it is too easy to find one, let alone two rear hatch garnishes, from two different market. Good luck on your endeavors. I cannot wait to see it when it is done.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I see the garnish pop up like once every six months. Luckily the lights are separate and much easier to find and will fit into the usdm garnish as well. I can find the passenger side all over the place. It'll be a while but it'll happen eventually.

Some google work leads me to believe the passenger side is 236-20794. Also searchable with bp5 rear fog light.

No idea on a driver side. I see photos of both around so maybe a member who's done the change already could confirm part numbers? Maybe not in the outback thread though.

This happened recently enough, let's just call it today, yeah? :lol:

So I am on my way back home (150mi trip) and half way back on a two-lane highway in the middle of no where, I hear a POP. Every time I give the car a little throttle I hear a not-so-comforting noise. I'm extremely worried at this point that something got caught in the belt or something more major has happened. I limp the car another two miles to a gas station, and upon stepping out of the car I smell something awful.

MELTED PLASTIC! YES! I immediately exclaimed. I was so relieved to see that it was just the front part of my inner fender liner (passenger side). The winds were strong that day, and they came under the car and snagged my fender liner (It wasn't secured in the first place. I had taken off the front bumper so many time and broke a clip every time I did so. I just need to execute the decision to go pay the stealership $5 for every clip down there.)

I took out my knife and cut the very front of the fender liner out. So now I need to go get a new one.

Another good example of do everything right the first time. I was lazy and didn't secure it properly. Not a big deal, but you can take something away from it.

Glad to see it was nothing serious. When I had to cut and break a bunch of stuff off for my mud flaps I went and got replacements from the dealer. Might have been overkill but it's nice to have oe clips sometimes.

Get them on Amazon - way cheaper' date=' and easier to buy a larger quantity.[/quote']

I know that's a thing but I'm never sure what to get which I know sounds dumb. I had random ones in my civic and they all worked fine but it still bothered me. Especially if it didn't match.

Hello All!

Do you feel like you could use a few extra foot power? Feel like your friends are rolling on fancy new round wheels and your still stuck on these oblonged concrete things that barely roll so they keep passing you by?

Our Etune will get your bedrock shaking :lol: We got you Covered

Use "FLINTSTONES" Coupon Code in all caps for a 10% off Etune discount on the website at http://www.cryotuneperformance.com. This price will be live on the website till the end of the month.

All jokes aside, jump on the promo and save yourself some $$$

82725741_1450961411747923_1083522156022726656_o.jpg.5fd01e16db342cac22cd4a328b570b71.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Yes, part numbers please. I promise I'm not being lazy, I just want to make sure I don't get any oversized ones either. The clips are dumb expensive for what they are so a cheaper amazon alternative would be perfect!

I actually don't have the part numbers or link, but you can search the oem part numbers and you should also see a bunch of alternatives in the "What did customers buy after looking at this item" section on the listing.

Now this is common knowledge that a lot of us have possessed for some time now, but in case you hadn't been blessed yet, or were interested in some wisdom...….here:

https://parts.subaru.com/?partner=Google_101_Subaru_General_State_TX_Exact&gclid=CjwKCAjwwPfVBRBiEiwAdkM0HXTLoQuVTickdh4NIrk0gyiBA4HUmk0b-sTEPCyVP9vDxMVhfoQqzxoCqagQAvD_BwE

You're welcome. I have now bestowed this upon you. Use it for greatness, and better others with this Curse of Knowledge.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Just picked up a bunch of interior trim off of Kalien32 in order to stay as fresh as possible. Really excited about the child achor caps haha. The MOMO steering wheel is pretty cool too.

Thanks again Kyle for meeting me at BWW. I appreciate your hospitality, and introduction to the Pacific Northwest!

IMG_2272-min.thumb.JPG.0be3a896266ed028081c6fbc4786360a.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Coolant is leaking somewhere around the turbo. Anyone have any "it's usually this hose" insight?

I dug around a little and tried cleaning it off when I had the downpipe off - but it was such a mess that I couldn't track it down to one source.

I am guessing you've already checked where the coolant comes in and out of the turbo? So far, I've only had very small leaks where that small inlet hose (not sure how it's called) connects to the turbo. Clamp was weak.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be the same one it was for me:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5376743&postcount=107

second picture. easy fix.