LegacyGT.com

radio ghost

today i was driving to work and had the stereo going and 10 mins into my drive the radio starts getting louder and then quieter..it flickered between 8 and 9 then jumped up to 15 then went down to 10..this was all over 2-3 mins anyone ever had this happen to them?? just thought it was kinda weird

My volume has had a creep problem once in three years and Monday when my wife drove the car she said that the radio and HVAC controls blacked out and wouldn't work while she drove to lunch, but everything came right back after she shut down and started the car again. :iam:
Let's kick this pig!

Seems to be a common issue if you search the interior/audio forum. Been doing it on my '05 LGT for 2 years but not once when I took it in to the dealer. As a side note, my '04 OB Ltd has the same radio with no issues. Apparently either the circuit board or volume potentiometer sometimes goes bad.

My HVAC/radio controls didn't work one night I started the car .. the radio display just showed a couple dots. Started working again right after I shut it off and started it back up though, and hasn't happened since. Did the germans manufacture our headunit?

mine did that then it bit the dust. replaced unwarrenty in jun 07. tried talking the dealer into getting the one with the aux plug but he couldnt

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived