LegacyGT.com

Subaru of America.Celebrates 40th Anniversary at the Philadelphia Auto Show

gfxdave99

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20080131/NETH09831012008-1.html

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Jan. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. will celebrate the company's 40th anniversary at the 2008 Philadelphia International Auto Show, February 1, 2008. To mark the celebration, Tim Mahoney, evp and chief marketing officer, will make a toast to the success and growth of Subaru in America over the past 40 years.

The stand will feature the all-new 2009 Forester and the following historical vehicles:

-- Subaru 360

-- Subaru FF1

-- Subaru Brat

-- Subaru SVX PPG Pace Car

-- Subaru STI 22B

Since its inception in Philadelphia in 1968, Subaru has become known in the U.S. as a pioneer and leader in All-Wheel Drive, performance vehicles and crossovers. In its time, the Subaru brand has become synonymous with reliability, durability and safety, as well as performance, and its products have been recognized by the IIHS, NHTSA and Consumer Reports.

Company History

Now based in Cherry Hill, N.J., Subaru of America was founded in Philadelphia in 1968 by two Philadelphia entrepreneurs. Subaru of America (SOA) forged an alliance with Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) of Tokyo and became the exclusive U.S. importer of its Subaru brand of vehicles.

Prior to 1990, SOA was the only American-operated import car company whose stock was traded publicly on the NASDAQ. On August 31, 1990, FHI, SOA's major manufacturing partner, purchased the majority share of SOA's stock. SOA then became a wholly owned subsidiary of FHI.

FHI's home factory in Ota City, Japan and Subaru-Indiana Automotive, Inc., (SIA), located near Lafayette, Indiana, manufacture all U.S.-marketed vehicles with approximately 50% of U.S.-sold vehicles being manufactured in the U.S.

For more information about Subaru and 2008 vehicle models visit http://www.subaru.com. For information on the Philadelphia Auto Show visit http://www.phillyautoshow.com.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Way to announce it the day before it. And what the hell is the Philadelphia auto show. As usualy Subaru is doing things on amateur hour. :mad:

How about the New York Auto Show? Kind of a big deal.

Ehh not really. Since Cherry Hill, NJ is located so close to Philadelphia it only seems appropriate. Everytime I fly back into Phila Int. I am greeted with the same Subaru banner reading "Subaru of America welcomes you to our home, blah blah blah."

Ehh not really. Since Cherry Hill, NJ is located so close to Philadelphia it only seems appropriate. Everytime I fly back into Phila Int. I am greeted with the same Subaru banner reading "Subaru of America welcomes you to our home, blah blah blah."

Sometimes my closet is closer to than the bathroom, but I don't piss in it, well at least since college. The NY Intl Auto show is a much bigger, better attended, better covered venue. And, it isn't that far away.

Sometimes my closet is closer to than the bathroom, but I don't piss in it, well at least since college. The NY Intl Auto show is a much bigger, better attended, better covered venue. And, it isn't that far away.

Tell SOA HQ that, not us.

where is the SOA HQ? How far is it from the NJTP? I pass Cherry Hill and always wanted to swing by and take a look.

295 would be the better way to go, SOA HQ is off of Rt 70 headed towards Camden.

Archived